Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Islander

2005 28' International CCD
Deer Harbor , ORCAS ISLAND WA
New tires+PSI?

In April 2010 I replaced tires on my airstream and put on Gladiator ST225/75R-/15 10 ply tires....35, 000 towing miles later, today replaced the set with new ones.... this is every day, day in day out use. Old tires were worn evenly and most likely had another 4 or 5 thousand miles available, but it was convienient today at a lew schwab dealer in sutherlin, oregon to replace them. they recommend 75psi....i ran much less in the old set....

any thoughts
WBCCI 2541

4CU
kingfisher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
As a rule of thumb -- and assuming wheels are rated the same as the tires -- one can take a recommended size tire for that wheel (where tire tread width and wheel rim are a good match) and run it at full sidewall pressure.

Certainly, you don't have to. Ideally one wants tire pressure and load (scaled weight per wheel) to match according to tire manufacturer Load & Pressure Table.

The trailer manufacturer also would have recommendations.

Since you've made no changes in TV or TT you've your choice. 35k on a set sounds very good.

In other words, acquire these relevant numbers and compare them to your own. There is likely a range that will suit you (and weigh the rig to get axle-by-axle numbers sometime).

For peace of mind I also add CENTRAMATICS to mine. And axle alignment should be done.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote