Old 03-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Mission Hills , Kansas
new tires

I have a 2005 25ft Airstream International that requires new tires. Does anyone have a brand you'd recommend?

Thanks,
Lisa

Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
The last tires I bought were Maxxis ST trailer tires. They have not had any issues in 15,000 miles. Maxxis appears to have a good history for ST trailer tire failure rates.

At the present time I am planning to buy Michelin LT tires the next time I buy tires for my trailer. There are several threads on the forum discussing the benefits of LT truck tires over ST trailer tires.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Maxxis' are the best of the ST tires. I ran load range E's on my 25 Safari and they lasted 3 years before one of them started separating. I take at least one hot weather trip a year and 100 degree temps and all day on the interstate will eventually kill even Maxxis' 100 temperature maxium and 65 mph maximum are all that ST tires are designed for. In hot weather temperature on the pavement is hotter than the air temp.
I agree with the above poster about 15 inch extra load Michelin tires. I put these on my Safari 2 years ago and notice a world of difference in the ride. Whatever the temp, I can drive on the freeway all day at 70 mph and not worry about tires.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner3 View Post
The last tires I bought were Maxxis ST trailer tires. They have not had any issues in 15,000 miles. Maxxis appears to have a good history for ST trailer tire failure rates.

At the present time I am planning to buy Michelin LT tires the next time I buy tires for my trailer. There are several threads on the forum discussing the benefits of LT truck tires over ST trailer tires.
We put on michelins and think they are fabulous . Lots of super hot roads haven't touched them.