Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #15
Always Airstreaming!
2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
When I first bought a boat I never carried a spare.
A spare for your boat? We never had a spare on our boat, what do you use it for? For that matter where does it go? Or maybe you have one of those anphibious cars?

J. Rick Cipot
Sandi Gould
NEU New England Unit
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1990 25' Airstream 250
Bluffton , South Carolina
This is no

As all good stories start off, this is no . It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon in the middle of a state park in no where Texas and I was a dumping my tanks on my '34 ft Avion before I headed out to my next reservation. Well sir, the dump station had a huge steel plate that you drove over and stick'en up out of that plate, just under 2" long, was a 3/8th bolt. Sure as you are read'en this I drove over that bolt with all three wheels on the right side and, yup - you guessed it - three flat tires. Hey not a problem I got the service. Just call them suckers up on the ol cell phone, have a cool one, and I'll be back in business. Ha - not in no where Texas on a Sunday afternoon - no way - no how.

Then, just when I was a feel'en lower than a run over frog, along came a ranger who looked things over and went and got a 30 ton floor jack. Those of you not familiar with an Avion, they have independent swing axles. One for each axle. Me and that there ranger took off all 3 tires on the right side and the center one on the left side and put the spare and the center one from the left side onto the front and rear axles of the right side. That left the two center axles on both sides with no wheels what so ever ( did ya follow all that?). Drove to the town with my reserved rv space and the next morning, bought six new tires

Now! I'm here to tell you that I was mad as %*&%%$ at that ranger for a-hav'en that bolt stick'en out of that plate but at the same time, I could have kissed him for helping me out of a jam.

The moral of this story you ask? Damed if I know

Pop Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote