Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-15-2013, 10:32 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 17' Caravel
georgetown , Texas
I just wanted to report my good experience with vanco 2's. I just drove from Texas to California and they performed excellent. For my little caravel I got the 195/70r/15. Load range is d. Build quality is amazing. Mine were made in South Africa. I could have used a 215 but decided on my small trailer the 195 would be fine. And they were. I have them near max pressure, about 55. My take is that they are a great alternative to the traditional trailer tire. Higher quality build. Not made in china. Cheaper than Michelin. Mine were 107 @ tire rack. some words of advice: first i took them to a trailer shop to mount and they said no need to balance. i paid the mount fee$10 but immediately went to my corner used tire shop to balance them. they agreed that they needed to be balanced. imho trailer shop employees are dumbasses. anyways .. So, for those of you considering Continental vancos i would highly recommend them.
knishiya is offline   Reply With Quote