Old 01-08-2016, 11:07 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
Severna Park , Maryland
Thanks much CapriRacer and arstrmlr. Great, fact based points to consider.

Although I have had perfect service on four sets of GYMs on two different Airstreams purchased new, got interested in the ST vs LT and 15" vs 16" debates. Based on everything I read, might consider the 16" ST solution later; but, decided to go with 15" ST for now.

While I would have tried the Maxxis if I had a local dealer, will go to my local Goodyear dealer for another set of the Marathons.

Thanks folks.

sailorii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #16

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I bought my current Michelin tires through Discount Tire Direct. They were two months out of production when I received them via UPS. I bought a set of Cooper's for my van and found that they were 6 months from production. Those were also bought from the Discount Tire Direct web site.

Even though there are no Discount Tire stores in my part of the country, they have working agreements with local tire and service dealers that give you discounts on installation and warranted mountings. I used a local NTB store for disposal of my ST tires, and mounting and balancing of the tires bought from Discount Tire Direct. They do a good job since they are responsible to Discount Tire for future business referred to them.

If you were purchasing tires through Amazon, you might post a question on the Amazon site about the age of the tires that others have received.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote