Old 01-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member
1983 31' International
Belle Fourche , South Dakota
If a tire on my TV is flat I'm going with the spare. I have used the bike pump when I had abnormally low pressure and then drove to the nearest tire center to have it looked at. Pumping a low tire up to 85psi with a hand pump is really not much of a workout.

310astream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #30
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Bike pumps

I believe we are having a difference in definitions about what is what in pumps.

To ME:

and this

Are tire pumps suitable for vehicles.

Theses are examples of bike pumps.

In other words, I believe being able to be carried conveniently on a bike defines a bike pump.

Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
At the time I bought mine, they did not have the quick disconnect at the head port, so I modified the port and installed one and upgraded the air line with a longer coiled plastic hose. Both very easy mods. I can reach anywhere I want now from a direct underhood battery hookup.
I too have the older one from Amazon: Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow High-Volume 12-Volt Air Compressor

which is still selling for $57 and it does a fantastic job. It might have a different air hose than yours, but you do have to screw it onto the tire. I just read the 'recent complaints' on Amazon which probably could have been avoided by just giving the unit a few breaks to cool down.

What adaption did you use for just the air hose?

I can add more power length by just clamping on a pair of heavy jumper cables if needed (and I carry those while camping).

Sav'h Steve is offline   Reply With Quote