Old 11-30-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
vancouver , Washington
Bridgestone BLIZZAK LT225/75R16 tires

Hi Folks,

I can't seem to find any mention of anybody putting these tires on the Sendel TO3 rims for winter travel. Recognizing its crazy to tow in the winter snow and ice, call us crazy but we have done it on the stock marathons (chains help). We use the Airstream to hit ski areas out here in the Pac NW. Its not like they load up condo's on the sides of the slopes out here. In addition, many offer onsite RV parking. So was curious if anybody had 4 of these going on their trailer and what kind they thought of them?

Mike

Old 12-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Norwalk , Connecticut
As a skier I'm envious. I say go for it if the load rating covers your wts. Anyone that has ever driven with proper snow tires will recognize the added benefits of the rubber compounds and tread design.

Old 12-27-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2013 31' Classic
billings , Montana
The road salt on winter roads is enough for me to Ty home...
Old 02-05-2016, 06:52 AM   #4
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Nhtsb recall

Just in!
NHTSA... Possibly about your tires...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=16T002
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 08:17 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1967 28' Ambassador
1964 19' Globetrotter
1960 24' Tradewind
Edgewood , Kentucky
I don't have them on any of my trailers but I do however have them on both of my personal vehicles. I could tell a dramatic difference when we first installed them, so much we coughed up the dough for the other car the next day. I would not hesitate to buy these tires again, unless we move south. You gain crazy amounts of traction, you will notice when accelerating, cornering, and most importantly breaking. It is a extremely soft rubber compound so you do not want to run these on hot pavement, they wont last long. If you can get the proper tire size, buy these tires you won't regret it.
Keeping the Art on the road, one project at a time
ArtisanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I have Blizzaks on my TV and they are very, very impressive. We also tow to ski areas (well, Mt. Hood Meadows). The Hwy26,35 and meadows access roads are the worst roads I have ever towed on! I have used chains on the trailer with stock marathons and that worked.

If you can afford the Blizzaks, and they meet your axle needs, do it for sure, it is going to help with your braking and cornering traction.

Keep in mind, in OR, traction tires on a trailer don't count. If traction devices are needed and your GVWR is 10klbs, then you need to chain up one axle on the trailer.
Old 02-05-2016, 02:35 PM   #7
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmblue View Post
Keep in mind, in OR, traction tires on a trailer don't count. If traction devices are needed and your GVWR is 10klbs, then you need to chain up one axle on the trailer.

I believe Washington State is the same on I-90 Snoqualmie pass. (I used travel back and forth on I-90)

However I have gotten to the point that I haven't seen the white stuff in several decades. And I am good if I never see it again.

>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 02-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I never want to tow on snow again! Day after Christmas 2015 I drove to Whistler, the sea to sky was a blizzard... we pulled over, then a snow plow when by so we tucked up behind it!

I was dreaming of blizzaks...
Old 02-05-2016, 11:14 PM   #9
1 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
vancouver , Washington
Chains

Never did get around to upgrading the rims to 16" and putting these snow tires on, maybe next year. I didn't think it prudent to pull those off to put on all seasons after the season is over, I know that is not recommended. So going with the chains instead. As GsmBlue points out they are required anyway when towing the AS.
Heading up to Bachelor for President's day weekend. So far nothing as bad as Thanksgiving weekend heading over to Bend from PDX in which the route from Govt Camp to Bend was snow covered roads. Will see how it goes.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:23 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelnStones View Post
Never did get around to upgrading the rims to 16" and putting these snow tires on, maybe next year. I didn't think it prudent to pull those off to put on all seasons after the season is over, I know that is not recommended. So going with the chains instead. As GsmBlue points out they are required anyway when towing the AS.
Heading up to Bachelor for President's day weekend. So far nothing as bad as Thanksgiving weekend heading over to Bend from PDX in which the route from Govt Camp to Bend was snow covered roads. Will see how it goes.
Have a fun and safe trip!!!! We are heading that way in March..
Old 02-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #11
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
The post about the recall won't fit all of the mentioned tires... And I expect, it takes "some" valid data to issue the recall... Glad to hear they work so well for you!

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote