Today, 07/27/12, Michelin Tire Company announced recalls on some BFGoodrich and UNIROYAL tires. While affected tire models and sizes are not typical for Airstream trailer applications, some owners' may have purchased these tires for their tow vehicles.
- BFGoodrich Commercial T/A A/S
- UNIROYAL Commercial Laredo HD/H
Quote from BFGoodrich and UNIROYAL Web sites:
These tires are typically found on commercial light trucks and full-sized heavy duty vans, although it is possible that consumers have purchased these replacement tires for their personal vehicles as well.
- The tires were produced between April 2010 and the end of July 2012.
- Sizes are: LT 235/85 R16 120 Q LRE and LT 245/75 R16 120 Q LRE.
- Approximately 800,000 replacement tires are affected.
- Affected tires may exhibit tread loss and/or rapid air loss, resulting from tread belt separation.
For more information, see the following links:
BFGoodrich Announces Voluntary Safety Recall for Commercial T/A A/S LRE tires
UNIROYAL Announces Voluntary Safety Recall for Commercial Laredo HD/H tires