Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #21
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
You want the load capacity as tires with lower capacity fail more frequently. A larger sized rim will give you that like going from a 15" rim to a 16" rim.

However a larger sized rim with tire may not fit.

It is a job of figuring out what will fit and what has the capacity and margin so you don't have a messed up vacation.

When the new boots are on, maintain them! Air pressure ck and fill before each trip, avoid hazards, keep the sun off of them and they will have a longer life.

>>>>>>>>Action
Old 10-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
almost a disaster at the tire place, after calling ahead and telling them I needed 4 tires for 4000lb trailer / dual axle etc , they were about to install the wrong tires entirely ... if I were a novice buyer, not really knowing much, I'd have driven off with totally underrated tires. I asked to see tires before install and asking a few questions determined that the tires they were about to install were for a light boat style trailer. A BUNCH OF CLUELESS IDIOTS. I was so pissed, almost left but they'd started on the axle grease repack.
Turns out though, that the guy who worked on the wheel bearings couldn't have been nicer & more attentive to detail, he really went beyond as it took way longer than expected. It was a lesson learned for me... stay calm and go with the flow
nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote