Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Running Gear - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Tires
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-27-2004, 07:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Post 62 tradewind - tires/wheels needed.....

hello -
i have found a 1962 tradewind that i think is towable.
it only has to tow about 150 miles to my house ...
problem is tires on it are over 15 years old and the wheels (esp one of them) have some rust .
does any one in the
tampa, florida
area have a pair of wheels/tires i could use to get this tradewind home. (or can you recommend a place where i can buy or rent a set of tires/wheels for the tradewind) thanks...

also can you tell me how much the 62 tradewind weighs...ok i found the answer to this question... the answer is 3,260 lbs. (tongue wt. is 400 lbs.)

and
what is the ball size ? for the 62 tradewind.

thanks
paul
727 7347733

p.dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Vintage RV

1959 24' Tradewind
Atascadero , California
Send a message via Yahoo to plowboy
Paul,
The ball size is most likely a 2." The 1962 Tradewind has a dry weight of 3260lbs., a hich wt. of 400lbs (specs, on official AS site). and a hitch ball hieght of 19.5". As for tires and wheels, take one of the wheels off the trailer and take it to a reputable tire dealer who carries trailer tires and wheels. They will be able to match what you have with something of similar size in a radial trailer tire. I have ordered Goodyear Marathons size ST225/75R15 with a "D" load range for my 1959 Tradewind. $90ea
Standard steel wheels run around $40. I ordered chrome 'steelies' from Wheel Vintques(.com) and they were $66ea, which included a baby moon hubcap.

I hope this helps

Paul (Good name by the way)
plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote