Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #101
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Oviedo , Florida
A little FYI on the Michelin LTX MS2 tires ...

Michelin is apparently transitioning their tire lines, and there appears to be a long term plan to replace the current light truck tire models (including the LTX MS2) with the new Defender LTX model. However, dealers are telling customers that the LTX MS2 is discontinued (per their Michelin reps) and may have trouble getting current dated tires.

Given that there is no LT225/75R16E in the Defender line at this point, I called Michelin (twice). Both reps I spoke with said that while some sizes of the LTX MS2 have been discontinued or are about to be in November, the 225/75/16 size is still in production and there is no plan to discontinue it "any time soon".

I suspect the sales reps are telling dealers the entire line is discontinued based on the long term strategy communicated to them by Marketing, but the reality is it a very long term transition and the tire we all love and use for our trailers is still in production.

My local dealer tried to sell me 4 tires that were over 1 year old. When I said that was unacceptable, he gave me the discontinued line but said he would order 4 more from the warehouse. The 4 that came in all had date codes of June/July of 2015, which is about as good as I would expect to get.
Southeastern Camping Unit, WBCCI #1675
khollister is offline   Reply With Quote