Old 10-07-2016, 03:21 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I have met a seemingly large number of "careful" people who have had blowouts with GYM ST tires. I do not question the design of ST tires. I just think some of them are manufactured so poorly that they will blow out and damage the trailer no matter how careful one is. They may be better now. But in 2008 there were a lot of people who had trouble. My next door neighbor lost 3 sets of trailer tires on his 5th wheel, with a lot of damage each time, before he gave up and parked it in Florida.

While LT or P tires might not be the ideal design for a trailer I know know that on my Airstream trailer they work fine, do not cause sway, do not pop off the rim when backing, and I have been lucky enough not to have a blowout. Have about 50,000 miles spread out over 2 sets in 8 years. My tire engineer/designer friend who spent a career at Goodyear and who went to China to help with the manufacturing there runs Goodyear Wrangler LT tires on his trailer instead of the Goodyear Marathons because he thinks (knows?) they are built better.

Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off