Old 07-19-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2008 22' Safari
Lake Kiowa , Texas
15 inch tires

Anyone have any experience with the Greenball tow master ss tires sold at COSTCO? I have a 22 ft bambi with 5 year old tires and need to replace them.

cfishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Castle Rock, CO & Boulder City, NV , CO/NV
Greenball 15" Tow Master's: Greenball 14" 23 foot 2006 Safari were great!

Originally Posted by cfishii View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Greenball tow master ss tires sold at COSTCO? I have a 22 ft bambi with 5 year old tires and need to replace them.

The Costco 14" Greenball Tow Masters were an excellent tire to replace the problematic 14" Marathons. If the tire was this dependable for my Off the Grid and off the pavement travel... the 15" have to be even better.

With the Nitrogen used to fill the tire, you may notice not needing to add 'air' for a long time.

If you have a problem with your Costco purchase, they will take care of it immediately.

If you need Nitrogen for your tires, you drive to a Costco, pull in front of the Bay Area and they will take care of you as you travel.

I am inclined to believe that Costco orders the trailer tires, so chances are slim they would have any in stock. They seem to handle fresh rubber and the suppliers give Costco fast service for delivery. The tires were fresh when arrived and not grey from sitting in the sun waiting for a buyer.

It may NOT be necessary to replace your Marathon 15" SPARE TIRE with a Greenball. I had no issues with several thousand miles on our Marathon 15" tires on the 25 footer... but with the bad experience with 14" Marathons it just was not something I wanted to discover as a future issue.

At least Costco will take better care of you than a Goodyear Dealer or a general tire shop. When the tire goes bad... it is always YOUR overloading or did something to the tire. My experience at Goodyear was not positive when the outside smooth areas were developing bubbles... and the tires were new... yet paid for well used wear for a replacement.

No, I do not work for Costco. Yes, I own Costco stock. Yes, I find Nitrogen filled tires worth every cent paid. No, I do not care if no one else agrees about the Nitrogen fill.

Good luck. This should cover it all. Been there, learned the hard way by actual experience.

Look at Michelin tires as an option. Not that much more and you would have to swap out the spare. You won't wear them out, either. l am sure there are some Michelin converts out there.
Human Bean
Ray Eklund is offline   Reply With Quote