Old 07-04-2005, 07:50 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Wow you guys have really lost it! I thought it was a female thing with these beauties but it appears to be a guy thing too. And just to reiterate - HOW MUCH HENRY REALLY CARES - or you could say how much we have converted him to our inanimate objects here is a quoted e-mail sent to us last week after we parted with our Baby for new axles. Hope all are having a great 4th of July!! We had a nice quiet Canada Day - after running around like blue Ass flies since the snow melted.

And sent us a picture of the two.

Sorry to jump in on this thread - just seems to be getting more action -

Peter & Sharon,
Your little one (SS Lighthouse) was a little fussy over the past several days. When I agreed to baby sit I really had no idea how much hair I would be pulling out. Not to worry though – I sat and thought long and hard about what your child may be feeling. Perhaps, boredom, abandondness, lack of friends. Then it cam to me – like a shot from the heavens – LACK OF FRIENDS. Yes, your child was reaching out for attention. Thus, we found a friend for your child, a companion if you will. The two of them *pictured (attached) are getting along perfectly. How perfectly? I have not heard a peep since the two of them paired up and began talking – I feel I can get some work done now, whewwwww!
Regards,
Henry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS& Companyat Axis.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	13157  

Old 07-05-2005, 12:25 AM   #86
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
I feel I can get some work done now, whewwwww!
Regards,
Henry [/B] [/I][/QUOTE]

Hey, Henry it looks like you have two more axis believers... that is two more axles that customers can say " Give me another Lou Axle "

I forgot to mention Lou Patterson ... He was also on the phone last saturday trying to explain why the shock should not be installed that way... Lou was talking with my shop tech... on a Saturday on a holiday weekend trying to convince them that it should be flipped over and should not have been installed that way from the start... He even emailed a photo showing them how its supposed to be installed... while I stood out-front trying not to overheat... I don't want the same situation as last time... Im running out of repair shops to try ... I was trying to keep a smile on ... anyway after talking with Lou and Henry they aggreed to flip the shock and at no charge which I was refusing to pay... anyway

Henry is a stand up guy, He stood up for me because I was his customer and once you have his axle he will make sure you are satisfied... this is the way business is supposed to be...

Thanks again Henry ...

Sincerly,

Old 07-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #87
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
[QUOTE=gotair2]the shocking truth is this ..

I purchased an axle from axisproducts however I not only got an axle I got a complete axle with mounting brakets installed and shock mounting brakets installed and it included complete brakes and backing plates and came with new mounting hardware and even had new lug nuts... taped on it for good luck...

I purchased a complete axle for 250.oo and had it shipped to california for @325.oo... had it installed for 150.oo the complete package totaled @ 725.oo

thats right I did this for @725.oo total ... installed...

those you you that have done this or are contemplating doing this can appreciate that ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	axel#3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13168  
Old 07-05-2005, 10:11 AM   #88
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Talking Glad To Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotair2
Henry went out on a limb and exposed himself to unknown costs just to satisfy a customer thousands of miles away on a Holiday weekend

thats right I called Henry at home on a holiday weekend to explain what was going on and he talked to the shop owner and the shock was flipped with no more arguements... one hour later I was leaveing the lot and its a perfect fit
Dan,

I was glad to help!

We don’t just sell axles then sit back and smile once the money is placed in our hands, not caring if you are satisfied with your purchase or not. We not only welcome totally custom axle orders, produce them in “the shortest lead time in the industry” and consider new customers part of our family – we provide customer support long after the sale. My goal through this entire ordeal was to provide my customer, Dan, with the best “value” in the axle business. To succeed in business today we have a simple philosophy – Axis Products is Quality Driven ~ Customer Focused. Welcome to the Axis family Dan.

Simply stated Dan – this is what we do!

After several frustrations and visits to several dealers (2) I am glad to know that you are pleased, overall, with your purchase from Axis and that your trailer is “running” better than ever on the new running gear. I have followed your progress through the forums and when I had a chance to get involved over the week-end I rose to the occasion. I knew your situation and I knew that it was time for action! This was simply, “the right thing to do”. In a world where things can get complicated quickly we need to stay focused on the goal – customer satisfaction!

Time to grab your partner and do some fishing Dan!

Thanks for your patience,

Henry
Old 07-05-2005, 10:57 AM   #89
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by axleman
Welcome to the Axis family Dan.
Henry
Does that make him my cousin now?
Old 07-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #90
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Wow you guys have really lost it!
Sorry to jump in on this thread - just seems to be getting more action -
We lost it a LONG time ago, Sharon!
Jump in on any thread you see us acting weird!
I do love my Minuet but I refuse to name it anything other than "Argosy Minuet". It is an awesome little piece of 1970's engineering. I love it for that alone.
Are you guys going to be able to make the Metro Detroit Rally????
Marvin and Annie are coming and Canadians should travel in pairs here in Michigan!
Henry is planning on making an appearance at the rally too! Oooh a guest speaker!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #91
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by axleman
Welcome to the Axis family Dan.

SNIEFF (BIG BIG TEARS running down my face)

I want to be part of the Axis Family, too!! SNIEFF, but shipping the axles to europe is too expensive I think and if we can use it overhere is unknown to me as well. SNIEFF (BIGGER TEARS still running down my face)

bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #92
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Wink Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Does that make him my cousin now?
Lou,

Ya' I guess it would go something like that! Does that make me the dad?

Atleast, I am pleased to announce the family is growing.

Regards,
Henry
Old 07-05-2005, 11:55 AM   #93
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschoerrn

SNIEFF (BIG BIG TEARS running down my face)

I want to be part of the Axis Family, too!! SNIEFF, but shipping the axles to europe is too expensive I think and if we can use it overhere is unknown to me as well. SNIEFF (BIGGER TEARS still running down my face)

bjoern
Bjoern,
Not to cry, my European brother.
You can be an honorary member of the Axis family.
Maybe we can convince Henry to send you and Axis Products hat so you can feel like you are part of the family!
Old 07-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #94
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Quote:
Bjoern,
Not to cry, my European brother.
You can be an honorary member of the Axis family.
Maybe we can convince Henry to send you and Axis Products hat so you can feel like you are part of the family!
you are sooooo nice Lou... Thanks I think my tears dry now...

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 07:14 AM   #95
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Talking Rumor?

Quote:
Henry is planning on making an appearance at the rally too! Oooh a guest speaker!
Lou,

This rumor has been verified! If the calendar allows, I will be there. Since I have NOT found an Airstream project yet I should stand out in the crowd, I’ll be the one that looks homeless (at least trailer less) . Thanks for the invite Lou!

Regards,

Henry
Old 07-06-2005, 07:29 AM   #96
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Henry Tell you what - you can hang on to our rig and take her on one condition - but you will have to go through the "Deal King" Turn the Detroit Rally into an Extream MakeOver for the East and do our rig up for us in just 2.5 Days - and get into the Guiness World Book of records

Lou it is not looking good - we may do doing that little trip out east for a week afterall - Parents are going to Caravan - they just got a new car and now Mom can travel with her legs up - which makes a huge difference. Starting small to see how a "trip" of any kind goes. They are really excited about it too.

We have had to leave it to the end of Pete's holiday to give him time to work on the GT during his first two weeks off. Just too many projects on the go.

But we are headed to pick up our babies on the 15th - and would love to swing by and meet up - how about you PM us if it is good for you.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #97
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Quote:
Henry Tell you what - you can hang on to our rig and take her on one condition - but you will have to go through the "Deal King" Turn the Detroit Rally into an Extream MakeOver for the East and do our rig up for us in just 2.5 Days - and get into the Guiness World Book of records
Sharon,

That sounds good - but what will I do in the afternoon?

Regards,
Henry
Old 07-10-2005, 11:35 AM   #98
Rivet Master

Quote:
But we are headed to pick up our babies on the 15th - and would love to swing by and meet up - how about you PM us if it is good for you.
Hope to see you guys this Friday! The driveway is all set for you!