Old 06-22-2005, 12:39 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
Hey axle man... { MASTER HENRY} long time no talk to .. how are ya buddy
Thats right... I was shocked when he said it was not done... I just kept saying " i cant believe this" he was fixing guys fridge's and guy's generators and sliding mine backward on the calendar... what was he thinking... I am sorry... I was going to keep you updated on the progress but as you can see there was none... HEE HEE... I even told him that I had this axle custom made in Indiana in less time than it was taking to have it installed ... I might have even pop'ed for the intelipower if he was effecient... I dropped a hint about that when I brought the argy into his shop...

Old 06-22-2005, 09:59 AM   #30

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Glad to hear you've got someone who seems interested in doing the work. I hope you get it back quickly and without incident this time!

I agree, customer service is down the toilet these days. I hate it when I have to deal with businesses that act like you should be honored that they are there to provide, as opposed to having the attitude that they are there to serve. I feel that's one of the only things we can provide in our small business that beats the pants off the big guys - a "How can I help you?" attitude. Sounds like these guys who have your trailer now have the right attitude.

Keep us updated on how it turns out!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 10:15 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Talking What's Upppppppppp?

Mr. Dan,

Heavy on the MISTER.

Good to hear from you also – I was beginning to wonder what was up. I agree with Stef’s comments and the others that express concern for your situation. Customer service should be king. I’m glad that you are in more competent hands now.

Best wishes for a speedy turnaround in getting your unit returned with the new running gear (and other modifications that are being done). Keep me in the loop partner!

Regards,

Henry
Old 06-22-2005, 01:58 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Angry Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
Glad to hear you've got someone who seems interested in doing the work. I hope you get it back quickly and without incident this time!

I agree, customer service is down the toilet these days. I hate it when I have to deal with businesses that act like you should be honored that they are there to provide, as opposed to having the attitude that they are there to serve. I feel that's one of the only things we can provide in our small business that beats the pants off the big guys - a "How can I help you?" attitude. Sounds like these guys who have your trailer now have the right attitude.

Keep us updated on how it turns out!
Stef has hit a real hot button with me. Never underestimate the power of a civilized COMPLAINT! It's my experience that most of us get bad service because we tolerate it. The Wall St. Journal and others have confirmed that 80% of customers who get inferior service NEVER complain, but just take their business and their money elsewhere. I am not suggesting that anyone get violent, mean or foul-mouthed - just write a letter to the president of the company with a copy to the Better Business Bureau and/or your local consumer protection agency letting them know briefly what happened, and why you've chosen to change your business relationship to another provider. You'd be surprised how many businesses will respond and make amends.

Another point is that if you really want better customer service, expect to pay a little bit more for it. Wal-Mart hires otherwise unemployable seniors to be "greeters" to give you the illusion that they care, but don't expect to be waited on after that (except in areas where valuables might be shoplifted). Just for amusement, try to place a "custom order" for a left handed fishing reel at Wal-Mart!

If you expect a Nordstrom's customer service experience, you have to pay for more people and better qualified people. Of course you can buy stuff in Nordstroms that Wal-Mart doesn't even stock, and they will take it back without question.

Some people are very negative about certain merchants who contribute to this forum, but remember thar for them to be useful to YOU, first they have to charge enough to STAY in business and make a profit. Only then can they be relied on to be around when the fertilizer impacts the ventilator and you really, really, really need them. Lots of people who give great bargains because they have "lower overhead" end up going out of business when the IRS steps in or they get a workmen's comp claim and they've neglected to get that mandated coverage. Odds are it will happen right after your check or charge card has cleared.

Another rule, put a value on your time! If you can get someone to wash your A/S and do a good job for $35 - and it will take you two hours and your time is worth $50 per hour, for heaven sake pay the guy to wash your Airstream! If it will cost you $1000 for drapes and you can sew beautiful replacement ones for $400 (materials AND labor) then oil up the machine and get busy!

Maybe you can do it all yourself, but I'm betting you can't do it all WELL or efficently.

Just my three cents - always tryin' to give a little extra

Tin Lizzie
Old 06-22-2005, 02:50 PM   #33
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Angry The squeaky wheel may get the grease, but why should we have to?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I leave before I say something. If I don't, it will be a very bad thing for all concerned. Mushroom clouds, thunder, lightning, and a verbal sandblasting occur when I get that hacked off.
Excellent customer service is no more.
Standard customer service is hard to find, and when it is, it is considered excellent.
Substandard customer service is now standard.
Nonexistant customer service is now considered substandard.
I can hardly wait to see how bad it gets.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #34
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
There is a point to be made for paying for what one recieves.

Most consumers head to the cheapest price found. Look at ebay and you will see many sellers that have other outlets and sell it for less on ebay.

So for a retailer to compete and retailer may take the approach to discount or reduce the price. To stay alive the retailer may need to cut out something. Like a seasoned employee, for someone that works for less and doesn't know much and has little experience. Then if the consumer want service ....... well it's not there. It's not there because the consumer demanded a lower price and the retailer gave it to them.

So when was the last time you went to a full service gas station? Remember the movie "Back to the Future"? The 50's scene of the Texaco station and 3 attendants waiting on a car that came in for a fill up! Consumers demanded less service for a lower price and opted to self serve. So did you check your oil at the last fill up? Because you are the "customer service" on that one.

Customer service is a required component of the sale. When a lower price is demanded, it just might be that one didn't want to pay for customer service and wanted self service. The volume between Walmart and Nordstrom's is unreal. And there are some that want the Walmart price with the Nordstrom's service. The market can not support that. Just ask Sears.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 06-23-2005, 10:53 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

I went back over this thread and can't find anywhere that i mentioned cheap price infact i said i didn't realy ask the price... just have a ball park figure ... about a year ago while checking out the shops in my area ( there are only 3 within 50 miles ) I found that they were all withen 10.oo per hour which it first seams like alot but if your job only takes 3 or 4 hours thats nothing ( bout the same as a trip to dinner) remember the axle was going to be arriving the week of memorial day and the first shop I called said sure bring it over we'll do it ... he didn't want an appointment because he said he would work it in on saturday ... (sure buddy ) seemed like a no brainer... The only previous experience I've had with this fellow was to purchase and install the hitch and electric brakes... witch was done on the same day and works with no problems... so I'm trying to say that I didn't go looking for Nordstrom's service at Walmart.. Just dont want to leave you with the wrong impression thats not why I chose the first shop... the others sell as well as service whice makes them more in demand at peak season... wish me luck ... I've got my fingers crossed...
Old 06-23-2005, 11:26 PM   #36
3 Rivet Member

befor

Snapped this photo of the minuet with a tape measure held be NICHOLAS my best buddy and fishing partner the measurement says 22.5 inches...can't wait to see how it looks with the new axle... remember Henry at Axis products made this for me in a week..sure wish you had come here and installed it for me Henry...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new axle.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	12979   Click image for larger version

Name:	measuring trailer height.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	12981  

Old 06-24-2005, 12:05 AM   #37
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotair2
I went back over this thread and can't find anywhere that i mentioned cheap price infact i said i didn't realy ask the price...
If I may ...... You are exactly correct, you stated nothing about price. And the comment was about service.

My observation from running a shop (non-RV) is that the two are directly related. Price vs service. The Walmart and Nordstrom example holds. Both have their own niche. It's like a see saw. Price and service have a balance and the market dictates the preference. For the retailer that has the price, service does not become a priority. And the opposite is true. When the two are out of balance the biz suffers. Low service and high price, or high service with low price is guarenteed to put a retailer under. Strike a balance and the market beats a path and the retailer thrives.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 06-24-2005, 07:17 AM   #38
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Question Did you say fishing?

Quote:
Snapped this photo of the minuet with a tape measure held be NICHOLAS my best buddy and fishing partner the measurement says 22.5 inches...can't wait to see how it looks with the new axle... remember Henry at Axis products made this for me in a week..sure wish you had come here and installed it for me Henry...
Mr. Dan,

If I would have thought for one minute that I could have gone fishing afterwards with you – I would have done the installation. (Most record large mouth bass have been caught this time of year in California).

You did not tell me that you fished – I knew there was something that I really liked about you. Looks like you have selected a great fishing partner also. It’s priceless to see a youngster’s expressions when they hook into something!

Let us know what that new axle does to the dimension of 22.5”. I am predicting a rise of about 2.5-3” thus a new ride height of around 25-25.5”. Additionally, I am predicting a different ride, can you say smooooooooooooth.

Regards,

Henry

PS: Fishing helps develop patience – that may have helped you in dealing with the first shop!
Old 06-25-2005, 12:00 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

HEY, Henry
Thats right, this little argosy is our fishing cabin on wheels that was the intention when I first started this project anyway. It has turned into an adventure...I agree I wish I could stop time for a couple years... he's five and this is now my favorite age... everything is so simple to him... what a great way to be...
B.T.W. I have met some realy great people since purchasing this trailer and joining this forum... yourself included; your a standup guy Henry, very glad I met you... Regarding the ride height that should be just right... just about to the top of the tire i'm guessing ... perfect
Its friday Night and I'm going to call Quality RV tomorrow and see what the progress is... try to get a progress report...without ruffing any feathers I hope...

See ya ..
Old 06-25-2005, 03:15 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

UPDATE on 6/25

NOTHING!!! called at 1pm,spoke with service dept. (530-755-4036... ask for Perla)
she said "sorry, nothing has been done" one of our service techs has hurt his foot, and has'nt been back since Mon."
I can't believe this!!! If you would like to comment, their website is:etqualityrv.com.
maybe they just can't find it in their lot?????

but here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	argosy at ET.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	13020  
Old 06-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #41
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
NOTHING!!! called at 1pm,spoke with service dept. (530-755-4036... ask for Perla)
she said "sorry, nothing has been done" one of our service techs has hurt his foot, and has'nt been back since Mon."
I can't believe this!!! If you would like to comment, their website is:etqualityrv.com.
maybe they just can't find it in their lot?????

but here it is:
Hmmmmmmmmm so what are you going to do? (not sure why we would comment on their website????)

Things happen and it seems that the tech got his foot hurt before you brought your unit in based on your posting. So have you talked to the person that you dropped off your unit to? Or just the gal answering the phone?

If what you stated in your previous posts is correct, they were to have the work done by the weekend. Is that correct? Different expectations!!!!!

>>>>>>>>Action
Old 06-26-2005, 04:05 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

If what you stated in your previous posts is correct, they were to have the work done by the weekend. Is that correct? Different expectations!!!!!

Here it is

1) phone call 06/11 to make appointment for the date of 06/21

2) dropped off trailer 06/18 made out work order and specified what work
was to be done; this time asked specific questions about schedule :

a) start date and completion date
b) estimate of time required to complete the work being done
c) are parts going to be ordered or are they in stock
d) install axle and shocks that i provided
I requested plastic vent stack covers in colonial white and also
specified a 25ft marine grade power cord rated at 30amp with a power
connection added to he trailer and indicated where i would like it
installed on trailer with some discretion given to the installer for the
exact positioning.... install the Axis axle and new shocks
that I brought in...

so.....on 06/25(the end of the week) I stopped by to check on status and they told me that one of their installers had hurt his foot and was out since monday.. this was disappointing but I realize can't be helped.. however....I did request other work be done on the trailer and don't understand why, just cause the "axle installer" was out, nothing else was done on my trailer??? I was also alittle upset that they did'nt let me know that no work was being done on it all week long...I had to go in myself at the end of the week to find that out. now remember...when I dropped it off he said work would start on 6/21 and be completed end of week..instead nothing was done. I will shoot for next week...... what else can I say???