Old 06-16-2005, 10:59 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
I may be making a mistake but I gave him deadline last week Im not sure its the right thing to do as you said it may just give them an excuse to do everything on the last day...but I believe that the shops should have a start date and completion date if those dates cannot be met all that would be necessary is a quick phone call... I think it just keeps everyone honest.
Dan
What a bum deal, sounds like they are taking their sweet time. I get so frustrated with shops that don't take a customers time into account.
That is one of the reasons I do things like this myself, my time table not some one's elses.
Well good luck with the wait.

Old 06-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Dan,
Did they get your new axle installed yet?
What drop angle did you have put on your axle? Did you go with more then the 22.5 degrees?
HEY OBEWAN , WHATS BEEN GOING ON ... NO THEY DID NOT...At 4pm I called today and asked if it was ready it was not ... so i went over to the shop and said i would be by saturday at 9am to take the trailer somewhere else...and put the axle in my truck ;.ooops to bad for him ... he won't even miss the business but, you know the rule : quality, price and ,service he didnt have all three ...
Quality rv gave me an apointment for the 21st I should have gone there first... the drop angle was (or is) 22.5 and I stopped by a napa parts store after I picked up the axle and paid $21.95 each for the shocks...

Old 06-18-2005, 12:10 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet's Husband
What a bum deal, sounds like they are taking their sweet time. I get so frustrated with shops that don't take a customers time into account.
That is one of the reasons I do things like this myself, my time table not some one's elses.
Well good luck with the wait.
THATS RIGHT ... BUM DEAL...they were fitting in monoco's and winabego's but mine had not been serviced by friday at 4pm so I had to take it away... this is not good service ... I said i was going to take it somewhere else... 3 weeks was long enough... etc.. and a few other words

quality price... no service.. oops
Old 06-18-2005, 12:21 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Gary,
there was a guy picking up his ford motorhome his bill was 85.oo said he dropped it of 9 days ago and they called yesterday to tell him it was ready... that was about the price of the electrical cord I was buying this shop just didn't want to get under my trailer I guess... I can't figure it out... the items I ticked off on the shop order probable added up to over six hundred and I never even asked about prices.. He should have paid a little more attention to the little argosy in the corner... I wasn't done I would have had more done if they had been quicker... tambor door needs replaced and maybe some new lights ... he's lost some good business and doesn't even know it....

Dan...
Old 06-18-2005, 09:46 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Lisle , Illinois
Dan,
I am trully sorry to hear that you had such a bad time getting work done to your coach. I hope that you have better luck at your next choice. Keep us posted.
AIR#3788 TAC IL-10
1967/8 Overlander International Twin w/ bunk/s.
Yes, four kids and two adults in the thing.
Happy wife, happy life.
till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #20
Remember Burma Shave!

2006 19' Safari
2000 25' Safari
1985 25' Sovereign
Fort Myers , SW.Florida
Thumbs down Report The Incident !

gotair2,

You should report the incident at: http://rvservicereviews.com/Index.asp

May as well let others know.
NORM #3305

"... there is nothing you can't fix yourself ...
... if you're handy ...
... with a check book! ..."
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 02:20 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
gotair2,

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! Scream out loud!
Norm is right they need to be put on the watch list.

Hope the next shop is not so "Less than _____________ (fill in the blank)".

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #22

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
That's terrible, what a waste of your time! Well, at least you got it back with enough time to find someone else to do the work before your next trip.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #23
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Come on down. One tech, no waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
That's terrible, what a waste of your time! Well, at least you got it back with enough time to find someone else to do the work before your next trip.
If you can't get anyone else to help you out, you can load up your trialer and axle, and head South. I have access to a spot where it can be replaced, it will take about 2-3 hours, depending on what you want done when you replace the axle. Of course, it may rake you a couple of days to get here, but it will be done.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:30 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood
gotair2,

this may be an isolated incident related to my own personality issues but when it becomes obvious to me that the servise is poor my blood pressure starts to rise ...ive been in customer service for 20 years and it seems like service is becomeing a lost art... i have had to follow up on most things i try to deligate to someone else over the last few years... and its getting worse...
Old 06-20-2005, 12:41 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
If you can't get anyone else to help you out, you can load up your trialer and axle, and head South. I have access to a spot where it can be replaced, it will take about 2-3 hours, depending on what you want done when you replace the axle. Of course, it may rake you a couple of days to get here, but it will be done.
CAPT.
your invitation is appreciated ...If I was not so retarded when it comes to these things i would have already installed this axle ...I figure that if im working this many hours and making the overtime might as well pay someone to install the stupid axle and spend some time with the family while i can... however i end up following up on alot of things that i try to deligate... oh well thanks for the invite ... only have another 21 years to go befor i can retire and spend some time in florida ... hope it goes by fast..
Old 06-20-2005, 07:29 AM   #26
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotair2
only have another 21 years to go befor i can retire and spend some time in florida ... hope it goes by fast..
To misquote Motel 6: "We'll leave the 30 amp plug hot for you."
Old 06-20-2005, 09:59 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

Update to the axle post.. this time we feel that the trailer may be in more competant hands ..they were prompt and helpfull with the work order ..came out and looked at what was going to be done asked several questions about my requests.. which type of vents where would i like the electric connection...even looked over the new axle to make sure it was an axle ?? seemed shocked that it was not a dexter ( he he ) thats what they sell... been around that issue before... when I asked if the trailer would be worked on starting on the 21st they said " yep " and when would you need it back...
I said in a reasonable time frame ... they said how about end of the week... now you know i'm thinking ...( SURE BUDDY ) but without laughing I said that would be fine...
so they came over to the pickup with a fork lift and took the axle over to the work bay ... and I signed the work order and said good bye to the little argosy... it sure looks tiny compared to the giants in that lot...we'll see...
Dan.
still hoping ...
Old 06-21-2005, 02:05 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Indiana
Question Way to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotair2
.. this time we feel that the trailer may be in more competant hands ..
Dan,

Hey now that is good news! Your money might not have been green enough for that first guy- hmmmmm . Be sure to keep us posted.

Regards,

Henry