Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Norwalk , Connecticut
Reaching Colin

Anyone have luck contacting Colin lately? I'm in need of a pair of axles and can't seem to contact him.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Try looking at his website:

https://sites.google.com/a/colinhyde...ions.com/home/

There is a phone number listed there that usually gets results.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 05:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Google is a wonderful thing.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
Plant City , Florida
I've called a few time recently no one answers and voice mail is full so I could not leave a message
wjcwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Norwalk , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Google is a wonderful thing.
@avionstream - Yes google is. And did that's where I started. I had hoped my simplest inquire here stating that I haven't been able to contact him would have provided enough inference I had actually made an attempt. I've lurked here a lot gaining info from what seems like genuinely helpful and friendly community. Is there a reason for this comment? Something I'm missing out there that would be helpful?

Back to the regular programing. From my googling, It appears that Colin has been generally very responsive in the past and has a great track record. Albeit with a recent lapse around the beginning of the year as reported in this forum via a little searching. Sounds like he had a lot on his plate with the business at that time.

Yes his website is out there, but email, VM, and PM here have come up dry to date. My thought is that he either is done specing & selling axles or somethings happened with him or the business. If the later, my best wishes go out to him.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Colin is a friend of mine, I just sent him a link to this thread.

When I saw him this past weekend, he admitted to being swamped and is disappointed in his ability to keep up with the demands of phone, voice mail, email, etc..
Old 06-26-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1972 23' Safari
Norwalk , Connecticut
Just heard from him! Seems like a great chap, with a booming business who is trying to balance demand and how to handle it.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:34 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widget View Post
Just heard from him! Seems like a great chap, with a booming business who is trying to balance demand and how to handle it.
Glad you two got to talk. He is incredibly knowledgeable and with that comes a lot of demands on his time. Best of luck with your project.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1984 31' Excella
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Colin

I've been trying to get in touch with Mr. Hyde but have had no luck. I hope he is alright.
Any one know his street address?
Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 05:04 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Yeah. Same here. I ordered a pair of axles about a month ago - or at least my credit card was charged. His voice mailbox is full and he hasn't responded to my emails.

I have no idea if or when my axles will show up.

Sigh. :'(
Old 05-21-2016, 05:46 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
He is just very busy, and travels and has family. We've teased him about getting an answering service. Our Axles took about 6 weeks.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:06 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
I seriously do hope he's OK. It's just a little anxiety-inducing when someone has a pretty substantial chunk of your change and then disappears into the witness protection program.

It's been 4 weeks so far for my axles.

I'll just slam down a couple bottles of blood pressure pills and not worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
He is just very busy, and travels and has family. We've teased him about getting an answering service. Our Axles took about 6 weeks.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Sounds like he should hire a office manager to track orders and respond to customers.

Mike
Caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:40 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
I believe that Colin is headed to Jackson Center for Alumapalooza. I've sent him a note making him aware of the recent posts to this thread. Hopefully he will be getting in touch soon.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:42 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drboyd View Post
I seriously do hope he's OK. It's just a little anxiety-inducing when someone has a pretty substantial chunk of your change and then disappears into the witness protection program.

It's been 4 weeks so far for my axles.

I'll just slam down a couple bottles of blood pressure pills and not worry about it.
Didn't he give you a time frame for their delivery when you ordered them? I believe that most of the axle kits are made to order.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:01 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Yes, he did give me a time frame: "Three to four weeks."

He's an awesome individual and incredibly knowledgeable; he's just a little tough on my anxiety issues!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:13 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drboyd View Post
Yes, he did give me a time frame: "Three to four weeks."

He's an awesome individual and incredibly knowledgeable; he's just a little tough on my anxiety issues!
That's what you get when you deal with a small operation such as Colin's that is stretched thin because of it's popularity. On the other hand he knows his stuff and will save you a lot of grief and money in the end.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:34 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widget View Post
Anyone have luck contacting Colin lately? I'm in need of a pair of axles and can't seem to contact him.
Don't want to speak out of turn here without knowing him personally .... i purchased some axles from him earlier this year, he couldn't have been more helpful and friendly on the phone explaining in great detail the history if AS axles and the all the shenanigans behind the scene. I had a very positive experience and felt good about spending $1400.00!! Anyway, after that he became very very hard to get hold of, slow to respond to text and email .... I'll leave it at that as who knows what's going on behind the scenes.
my axles are great though, just got back from Pismo Beach on my maiden voyage ... about 300 miles on a VERY windy HWY101 ...

My only incident was an over zealous CHP officer who thought my tags were out of date and pulled me over on a VERY dangerous section of hwy, and took off before giving me the courtesy of pulling my 5000lb rig back into fast moving traffic ... i'll be calling his boss this morning. Not acceptable ..
nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:38 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickclifford View Post
<snip> i purchased some axles from him earlier this year, <snip>
How long did your axles take to arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickclifford View Post
My only incident was an over zealous CHP officer who thought my tags were out of date and pulled me over on a VERY dangerous section of hwy, and took off before giving me the courtesy of pulling my 5000lb rig back into fast moving traffic ... i'll be calling his boss this morning. Not acceptable ..
Clearly, revenue generation takes priority over safety.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:52 AM   #20
1 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Chaska , Minnesota
Colin is great.

I placed an order for axles through Colin in early March and didn't receive them until just a couple weeks ago. Yes, I was anxious waiting for them to arrive knowing that he had $1,400 of my money. However, now that I have successfully installed the axles and they look great, all is well!

Colin supplies all the bolts, nuts, washers etc. It was insanely nice to do such a big install and have all the parts on hand!

Your axles will show up. Good luck with your install. An electric (or air) impact wrench is invaluable. If you don't have one, get one.
Margesbarge is offline   Reply With Quote