Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
Unhappy Plan Ahead

I ordered a replacement axle 3-24-11 from Inland.
close to 7 weeks latter no axle,
The suspense is killing me.
will I get it this month?
I was told buy a forum member I needed to relax.

still patiently waiting

I hate to bother Inland but I shall call to see if I need to be in town this month or if the delivery date can be set

good luck with your rig

Indy
indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Of course call to see when to expect your axle.
r carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Definitely call them. I did when ordering mine. Someone usually got back to me within the day to update the production schedule. I picked mine up at the factory, so delivery wasn't involved. When the time comes, I am sure they will be able to give you a spot on date.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
DONT worry about botherin ANDY he will tell ya its NO BOTHER. I had great communication with ANDY when I ordered my axles 2 yrs ago. I think he called me back 3 times. To check if I got the hardware,then to up date me on a production change (arm modification) which changed my delivery date and then the final call to let me know the pickup was set for a certian day.
So definately give him a call.
ROGER
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Axle production.

SORRY, BUT.........

Short story.

Axis for some reason, ran out of the special torsion arms.

They finally received them.

We were told that all the delayed shipments would be made by 4-29-2011.

Then, heaven help us, yesterday, 5-3-2011, we were told that for some unexplained reason, many of the torsion arms were installed on the "wrong" axles. That has caused another delay.

We apologize on behalf of Axis, and will update this information on a daily basis. Since there are many customers waiting for their axles, by the promised delivery date, that are now late, PLEASE do not call Axis or us, as we cannot provide any more information, other than this post.

AGAIN, we will post daily with as much of the updated information that we can possibly obtain.

Thanks for your understandings.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
Andy, should I cancel my reservations for the Alumapolozza May 31st. ??
Thanks
Indy
Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #7
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy View Post
Andy, should I cancel my reservations for the Alumapolozza May 31st. ??
Thanks
Indy
Please don't cancel anything, at least not just yet.

I have today's question in the hands of Axis, and I am waiting for a reply.

As soon as I have that reply, I will post the information.

Thanks for your patience.

Andy
Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
axle update.

We just talked with Axis, and as of 3:15 PM, west coast time, May, 5th, 2011, Axis still cannot provide an update, as to approximate ship dates.

Again, we apologize on their behalf, and will continue updates as they happen.

Andy
Old 05-16-2011, 05:03 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
What happened to the DAILY Updates? since 5-5-11?
Still have not been given a date for my on going EIGHT WEEK ORDER.
Looks like we will be trying to sell our tickets to the Alumapolozza event in
J.C. Ohio anyone interested?? 5 nights reserved we also have other reservations made for on the way to J.C. that we will need to cancel.

Thanks Andy for your lack of up to date information it has been a big help in making plans?
I hope that the others that are in the Axis boat are able to get their rigs on the road this season.

Best of luck and safe travels

Indy
Old 05-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy View Post
What happened to the DAILY Updates? since 5-5-11?
Still have not been given a date for my on going EIGHT WEEK ORDER.
Looks like we will be trying to sell our tickets to the Alumapolozza event in
J.C. Ohio anyone interested?? 5 nights reserved we also have other reservations made for on the way to J.C. that we will need to cancel.

Thanks Andy for your lack of up to date information it has been a big help in making plans?
I hope that the others that are in the Axis boat are able to get their rigs on the road this season.

Best of luck and safe travels

Indy
Indy.

A daily posting of "zero" information, would be a waste of my time, and a waste of space on this Forums. A daily phone call to the dozens of axle purchasers like yourself, having "NO" information to give, would take hours each day, when you consider the ensuing conversations, that for most part, to us, would only agravate the situation.

Axis is running behind but at this point, almost caught up with the back orders.

We feel bad too, as our order for 150 axles has also been delayed. Stuff happens, many times, with no "ill" intent.

You placed your order 3-24. Your order was sent to Axis on 3-24. From there are hands are completely tied. We cannot tell Axis what to do or when to do it, except for specifications.

You have called and talked to Shannon, according to her, a number of times. She, according to her, has explained over and over again, why the delay to you on the telephone.

You were told that your axle would be delivered today, May 16th. You said "NO", deliver it tomoroow May 17th, at 11 am your time.

We at Inland RV Center, can only apologize for the delay, but please understand that we in no way caused any part of that delay.

At this point, you have added one day to the delay at your request.

In defense of Axis, they too, are dependent on outside vendors, just like thousands of other companies. Because of the economy, many vendors are out of business, which requires finding another source, or they too, have a problem obtaining materials from their vendors. Sadly, but the domino effect has happened all over our country. We feel rather fortunate, that has caused a minimal effect for Inland RV.

Since your axle is a direct changeout, that will take less than 2 hours, you can still make the Alumapalooza rally, since it doesn't start until May 31st, 2011.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Andy
Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
3 Rivet Member

1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
update:
you are in error Andy, the tuck line cannot make the deliver today, so I asked that it be delivered just as soon as they can.
and that happens to be 5-17-11 from 11AM.-1PM.
but thanks for your help in this matter.

P.S.
it is all about comunication
not once did Inland ever call me to inform me of the problems. or Axis
Old 05-17-2011, 11:43 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Indy.

A daily posting of "zero" information, would be a waste of my time, and a waste of space on this Forums. A daily phone call to the dozens of axle purchasers like yourself, having "NO" information to give, would take hours each day, when you consider the ensuing conversations, that for most part, to us, would only agravate the situation.

Axis is running behind but at this point, almost caught up with the back orders.

We feel bad too, as our order for 150 axles has also been delayed. Stuff happens, many times, with no "ill" intent.

You placed your order 3-24. Your order was sent to Axis on 3-24. From there are hands are completely tied. We cannot tell Axis what to do or when to do it, except for specifications.

You have called and talked to Shannon, according to her, a number of times. She, according to her, has explained over and over again, why the delay to you on the telephone.

You were told that your axle would be delivered today, May 16th. You said "NO", deliver it tomoroow May 17th, at 11 am your time.

We at Inland RV Center, can only apologize for the delay, but please understand that we in no way caused any part of that delay.

At this point, you have added one day to the delay at your request.

In defense of Axis, they too, are dependent on outside vendors, just like thousands of other companies. Because of the economy, many vendors are out of business, which requires finding another source, or they too, have a problem obtaining materials from their vendors. Sadly, but the domino effect has happened all over our country. We feel rather fortunate, that has caused a minimal effect for Inland RV.

Since your axle is a direct changeout, that will take less than 2 hours, you can still make the Alumapalooza rally, since it doesn't start until May 31st, 2011.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Andy
Andy,

I am always impressed by your ability to have such a huge presence on the forums and your ability to professionally respond to and get to the bottom of issues like these. For an issue that truly wasn't your fault, apologizing excessively, and having to do it for 150 axles, I have great respect for you man. Honestly, keep it up.

I know that anything major I do to the integrity of the trailer will be done by driving out to Corona.

- Peter

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 AM   #13
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldinchaos View Post
Andy,

I am always impressed by your ability to have such a huge presence on the forums and your ability to professionally respond to and get to the bottom of issues like these. For an issue that truly wasn't your fault, apologizing excessively, and having to do it for 150 axles, I have great respect for you man. Honestly, keep it up.

I know that anything major I do to the integrity of the trailer will be done by driving out to Corona.

- Peter
Thank you for your thoughts.

Andy