New axle measurement verification!
So it's time to make the big purchase!
I'm going to be ordering my new axle and would like to throw out my numbers and details for expert review.
Trailer is a single axle 1970 Airstream Safari with streetside wet bath. Weight is 3,500 pounds.
- Distance between innerface of vertical leg of mounting frame (not the axle mount plate) is 61 1/4".
- Distance from the above location to outside face of hub is 9 3/8". This equals 80" hub to hub. (right?)
- Axle is Outboard.
- Capacity is #52 (4,000-5,200 lbs)
- Electric Brake will be 12"
- Low profile
- 22.5 Down Angle
Axle is from Axis, complete price about $330.
- Do the measurements sound right? Should I subtract a little to insure that it will slide in?
- Will the 12" brake work with existing wheels?
Man, gets me nervous spending this kind of cash on "the unknown"