Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2004, 06:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

San Antonio, TX
Need an axle?

If anyone is interested, I am planning on replacing the axle on my '59 Flying Cloud within the next few weeks. The PO had new backing plates installed about 2.5 years ago and the have seen very few miles since then, so I know they are salveageable. As far as I know the axle and spindles are in good shape for their age, I just want the peace of mind of having new running gear and a higher weight capacity. No warranty implied so inspect them and use at your own risk (I can send photos once the new one is installed...).

Let me know if you are interested. You pay for shipping, etc. and the parts are yours for free if you want them! I hope someone has a need for them as others have helped me on this forum.

Thanks,

John.
jlawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I will match John's offer if anyone wants to make a dual axle. Free for shipping cost. It's the one on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axle 002.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	6999  
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Vintage RV

1959 24' Tradewind
Atascadero , California
Send a message via Yahoo to plowboy
I'm thinking of replacing the axle on my '59 tradewind. Do you have any recomendatiosn for an axle source. One oof the reasons I'm thinkiing of doing this is the fact that , in my area, there aren't any sources for grease seals. I ended up getting them from Hadco (the original axle manufacturer.) Has anyone replaced their old Hadco with a new one?
Paul
plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote