Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1976 27' Overlander
Missoula , Montana
It is not my intention to hi-jack this thread -- it's interesting for its topic on axles and frames -- but I can't help but wonder, Steve, if you worked on my BE-35H -- naw, you're probably too young! And Jack, even just the sound of a 985 or any other round engine starting, is music!

OilnH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1991 34' Limited
Wichita , Kansas
I don't want to hijack this thread either! But, the answer to your question is no. The BE-V35A/B were ushered out of production during my tenure, but nothing before. I started in 1976.

I figured you had plans for the front portion of the frame that included storage and ease of towing.

Steve Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Pierre , South Dakota
The 195 has a Jacobs radial.Jacobs went bankrupt in 1946, although new parts are still available. 755 Jacobs/275 hp, 7 cylinder. Nickname SHAKEY JAKE for the way they start up, a couple of cylinders come on line (the top ones) Then a couple more(the side ones) Then the bottom ones come on board after they blow out and burn off the oil. Meanwhile on the outside the engine is shaking and belching white smoke. My Wife has a tee shirt that says "My Airplanes not leaking oil its marking its territory".

195Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote