Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member
 
indy's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 195
Images: 22
Blog Entries: 1
An Axle with an Attitude

axle with an attitude

3/24/11 ordered an complete axle, wheels, balancers, shocks and hubcaps $1,338.70 from Inland, told 2 weeks no problem.

2 weeks 3 days later I called Inland,
Cathy answered and she said it will take a while to find the paper work and she will call me back. hum

1 1/2 hr latter I called, Hi Cathy whats up with my axle? she reminded me that she would call ME when had 9 seconds to call them and she would then call me.

Let me talk to Andy, thanks

He tells me Cathy can't call them that only he can call.
and that the axle fab co. considered a phone call to check on the status of an order was a royal pain in the AS_

Andy said he would do it for me.

Thanks pal but it really is not for me its for you Andy!

near the end of the day had not here from Inland so I called again,
Hi Cathy,
she said we have news for you----- a part for your axle is on back order and that the order has been delayed 1 + weeks. hum and that I should call her in a week or so.
looking forward for that day Cathy.

WOW let me tell you about a pain..... $1338.70
if I only knew.
lets see, I paid more for the axle and got the attitude for free.
may I suggest that Inland find another supplier!
And for Cathy, well I can only say, we the customers are the ones who pay her salry, Andy may sign the check but we send the Bread.

Service COME ON MAN it may not be to late.

Indy
__________________

__________________
indy is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Rivet Master
 
SilverHoot's Avatar

 
1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,097
Blog Entries: 3
Looks like you are new member to the forums. There is more than one choice for axles. Do a search on axles and you will find as much and more than you probably want to know on opinions and choices.
__________________

__________________
SilverHoot is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,417
Blog Entries: 2
Let's see, you got an answer on your order the same day. What's the problem? If you think Inland has an attitude I would wonder how many times you have ordered items. I have never ordered from Inland but I have from several other places of business and trust me getting an answer the first day is remarkable. Relax a little bit. zz
__________________
avionstream is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Top
Always learning
 
Top's Avatar
 
1972 29' Ambassador
1962 19' Globetrotter
1951 21' Flying Cloud
Central , Texas
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,779
Images: 24
Blog Entries: 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHoot
Looks like you are new member to the forums. There is more than one choice for axles. Do a search on axles and you will find as much and more than you probably want to know on opinions and choices.
That's no lie!
__________________
Lance

Work is never done, so take time to play!
Top is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy View Post
axle with an attitude

3/24/11 ordered an complete axle, wheels, balancers, shocks and hubcaps $1,338.70 from Inland, told 2 weeks no problem.

2 weeks 3 days later I called Inland,
Cathy answered and she said it will take a while to find the paper work and she will call me back. hum

1 1/2 hr latter I called, Hi Cathy whats up with my axle? she reminded me that she would call ME when had 9 seconds to call them and she would then call me.

Let me talk to Andy, thanks

He tells me Cathy can't call them that only he can call.
and that the axle fab co. considered a phone call to check on the status of an order was a royal pain in the AS_

Andy said he would do it for me.

Thanks pal but it really is not for me its for you Andy!

near the end of the day had not here from Inland so I called again,
Hi Cathy,
she said we have news for you----- a part for your axle is on back order and that the order has been delayed 1 + weeks. hum and that I should call her in a week or so.
looking forward for that day Cathy.

WOW let me tell you about a pain..... $1338.70
if I only knew.
lets see, I paid more for the axle and got the attitude for free.
may I suggest that Inland find another supplier!
And for Cathy, well I can only say, we the customers are the ones who pay her salry, Andy may sign the check but we send the Bread.

Service COME ON MAN it may not be to late.

Indy
Indy.

Inland Rv is in charge of it's self, and not any other company in the world.

We can take your order, and process it. If it needs to be dropped shipped, then the customer and the vendor is in the hands of the manufacturer.

Since we are in the middle of the busy season, it's near impossible to drop what your doing, gather up filed paper work, call the manufacturer, when they then must dig up the their paper work, call production, who must dig up the paper work and/or look the job up in a computer, get back to sales, who then gets back to us.

To accomplish that in less than one day, is like moving mountains, but we did it. For that, we feel we have done the most that can be done, in one day.

The bad economy is still not over for many industries. They can run out of materials as well as anyone else.

We are sorry that you are disappointed, and have no defense.

Andy and Staff
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy View Post
axle with an attitude


Indy

I also forgot to mention, that we had only 1/3 of our staff at work that day.

Sorry again, but humans do sometimes get sick and can't come to work.

That leaves ALL of the daily duties in the hands of a staff, that was severely short handed.

Again, our apologies.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Moderator
 
DKB_SATX's Avatar

 
2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,401
Images: 1
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Let's see, you got an answer on your order the same day. What's the problem? If you think Inland has an attitude I would wonder how many times you have ordered items. I have never ordered from Inland but I have from several other places of business and trust me getting an answer the first day is remarkable. Relax a little bit. zz
While it's true that he did get an answer on the same day (but perhaps only because he persisted) it's also true that, 3 days after the promised delivery date, Inland hadn't even received the axle and hadn't notified him or looked into what was holding the axle up until he called. If it had been 2 weeks into a "4 to 6 week delivery" cycle, I'd agree with you unreservedly, but it's good customer service to keep track of promises you make to customers.

I can't speak to the OP's attitude, but I know I am much more forgiving of an email or call warning me of a delay or problem than I am if I have to go hunting for the reason something didn't go through as promised.
__________________
David

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
Rivet Master
 
SilverHoot's Avatar

 
1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,097
Blog Entries: 3
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
While it's true that he did get an answer on the same day (but perhaps only because he persisted) it's also true that, 3 days after the promised delivery date, Inland hadn't even received the axle and hadn't notified him or looked into what was holding the axle up until he called. If it had been 2 weeks into a "4 to 6 week delivery" cycle, I'd agree with you unreservedly, but it's good customer service to keep track of promises you make to customers.

I can't speak to the OP's attitude, but I know I am much more forgiving of an email or call warning me of a delay or problem than I am if I have to go hunting for the reason something didn't go through as promised.
Well said DKB!
__________________
SilverHoot is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
 
Inland RV Center, In's Avatar
 
Corona , California
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 16,499
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
While it's true that he did get an answer on the same day (but perhaps only because he persisted) it's also true that, 3 days after the promised delivery date, Inland hadn't even received the axle and hadn't notified him or looked into what was holding the axle up until he called. If it had been 2 weeks into a "4 to 6 week delivery" cycle, I'd agree with you unreservedly, but it's good customer service to keep track of promises you make to customers.

I can't speak to the OP's attitude, but I know I am much more forgiving of an email or call warning me of a delay or problem than I am if I have to go hunting for the reason something didn't go through as promised.
Unfortunately, the axle manufacturer, does not advise when a shipment is made, or delayed as the case may be.

They offered a 2 week delivery schedule, not us.

We abided by that suggestion.

Since Axis is new to the RV community once again, I am sure they have some wrinkles to work out.

Since Henschen is now history, for the record, please be advised that they never advised of a shipment date, or even a ball park, and yet rarely, did they ever disappoint on a delivery.

Sorry folks, STUFF HAPPENS.

One of the most interesting, some what humorous things about axles, is that usually the need for them, is rarely sudden, but most often well know for months or even years. Waiting to order them for a long period, is no help either. Then the question is "you mean they are not on the shelf?" Nope, and they never will be. Special orders have more risks, than off the shelf items, in terms of delivery times.

That's the way it is, for far many things besides axles.

Andy
__________________
Inland RV Center, In is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member
 
indy's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
kansas city , Missouri
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 195
Images: 22
Blog Entries: 1
good comunications is the answer.
__________________
indy is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #11
Rivet Master
 
NevadaGeo's Avatar
 
1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy View Post
axle with an attitude
.....
near the end of the day had not here from Inland so I called again,
Hi Cathy,
she said we have news for you----- a part for your axle is on back order and that the order has been delayed 1 + weeks. hum and that I should call her in a week or so.
looking forward for that day Cathy.

Indy
Not sure where your attitude came from, Andy doesn't have much control on when the parts in one state are supplied to the manufacturer in another state. I usually make the calls to check up on the progress of orders, and try to make sure the shipping company has a tracking number to follow which state they sent my completed order to when it doesn't show up. It usually ends up on a dock somewhere with some type of "customer will pick up" message on it. Andy had one axle for me when I did my order, the second one had to be made and sent to him. Then both ended up on a dock in Sparks till I got them read the deliver address.
__________________
I admit to being powerless over housecleaning and social niceities
Airforums 22655 and now, WBCCI 22655

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:07 PM   #12
Rivet Master
 
1963 19' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Moline , Illinois
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 635
All I can say is that I have ordered many parts including an axle from Inland and always had great service. Being and patient and pleasant works wonders in dealing with others.
__________________
63air is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:15 PM   #13
Rivet Master
 
tkasten's Avatar
 
1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 847
Images: 6
I have also ordered and received many parts and an axle from Andy at Inland RV and have had nothing but top notch service. I would not hesitate recommending them to anyone.
__________________
Tim
TAC MI 14

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline  
Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar

 
1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 12,445
Images: 90
OK folks - we are going to close this thread and remind everyone that vendor issues should be settled elsewhere or preferably worked out between the involved parties and not here at AIR as we are unaffiliated with those in business. Thanks for understanding.

Keep the shiny side up
__________________

__________________
1964 Overlander | '08 Touareg V6
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter

.
Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
axle


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video - Successful Axle Job on 1964 Safari JitneyBead Axles 10 05-21-2012 10:07 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.