Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member
Dunwoody , Georgia
I have two units that plug into the 120v wall sockets. They have granules inside them change color from blue to pink. (You can see the granules through a little window). If they are blue the granules inside are dry, when they get pink it means they have absorbed moisture and are wet. They heat up a bit and dry themselves out every time you plug back into shore power. They were about $20 on amazon and work pretty well for my needs. Each one is about 5 inches tall, by 5 inches wide, and about 1.5 inches thick. I just leave them plugged into 120 v wall plugs all the time.

mtbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #16
WBCCI 8562
1975 31' Sovereign
Pelzer , South Carolina
We just bought a 30 pint GE at Home Depot, compressor type but pretty quiet.
Arrived here on east coast from Arizona and was not long before mold everywhere.
Lots of rain, 100% humidity all day. 1st couple if days emptied it twice a day, now about every 3rd day. Have it set for 45% It has been cold so not many vents open.
Usually we use our fantastic vent, works on a thermostat and closes with rain.

Jim in Pima Az, enjoying our 1975 31 ft Airstream Sovereign
Jim in Pima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
I have been very happy with this unit for 2 years. It is the smallest I could find:

NewAir AD-250 25 Pint Portable Room Dehumidifier

However it does not have a humidistat so I got this:

Dayton 1UHG2 Dehumidifier Control, Plug In 120 V

This combo certainly is not the cheapest, but size and weight were my priority.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I use a peltier dehumidifier- the non-compressor type that uses about 68 watts of power. The unit I have also has UV to kill mold spores. They work but nothing like a compressor model. It pulls about 8-11 oz per day from the air. So, they work but very slowly. SO don't expect to turn it on and see a cup of extracted water in 4-5 hours per se. According to my humidity gauge on my electronic clock. It keeps the trailer at 10-12% lower humidity than without it running. Usually my trailer reads in the 70% range without the meter in the summer in storage. This thing drops it to right around 60%. Actually it is probably the best choice for a storage situation. It can also drain in the sink but I usually visit the trailer enough to empty the container. It was about $60. Dznf0g's option is certainly more powerful.

2015 Ford F-150 3.5 Ecobeast 3.55 Lariat
rodsterinfl is offline   Reply With Quote