Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2003, 04:55 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Which water filter do you use?

I do not plan on using my water filter for my drinking water, but I still want to purchase a top of the line unit. Any recommendations?
Old 11-24-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Our AS came with a Moen faucet with built in filter. The original one was dead and Moen sent us a new one but it really dosen't work like the book say's it should. We take our drinking water with us in five gallon containers.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:18 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
I replaced the freeze damaged Everpure unit with a Culligan RV water filter from Lowes. It takes a carbon sediment filter element.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Old 11-24-2003, 08:49 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited
The State of , Ohio
Our trailer came with the Moen PureTouch kitchen faucet. I also use an external filter.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:41 AM   #5

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
We installed a Pur Plus unit which is top of the line http://www.purwater.com/products/countertop.shtml
on our Safari. It fit under counter and there was a small gap at the point where the countertop and closet wall met. This allowed me to snake the hoses to and from the faucet and purifer. For those not having an inbuilt unit or only wanting to filter the kitchen water this unit works great. The faucet adapater allows you the ability to chose whether you want filtered or unfiltered water.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
Old 03-13-2004, 06:06 PM   #6
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
I brought this thread back because we just got an external water filter made by Camco and carried at Wally World. I am guessing that all of these are throw away (never having used one before), but noticed ours doesnt say. Wondered if they are good for more that one season when they are throw away? We typically only get to go out maybe 2-3 times a season and can't imagine it only being good for those few times. Please enlighten me if you are familiar. Thanks

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’