Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2003, 11:34 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Refrigerator access door wanted

I'll soon be replacing my old Dometic with a Tundra AC/DC fridge. I'd like to find a louvered outside access door to use with it.

The door I need is 14 1/4 x 20 1/4 with radiused edges. I will be painting this door, so I don't need "appearance grade" aluminum.

I'd also be willing to trade my old door in on the replacement if that'll work for anyone.

Bob McKeown
Nashville
Old 07-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #2
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
I would start with Colaws in MO. They have a numer of Airstreams and should be able to sell you a door at a reasonable price.

If that does not work, then I would use the door you have. Strip the interior aluminum, pull the insulation and take it to a local body shop that can cut the louvers for you. Some shops have a press for this to do custom work. You may want tohave the interor peice louvered as well and place them back in the door so the louvers form an A shap for max.water deflection. This may cost a bit more, but you know the door will fit!
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato