Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #1
JMR
1 Rivet Member

OEM Fridge 1965 Globetrotter

I am renovating my 65 Globetrotter and thought I would try and sell the fridge here before taking it to the dump.

The fride overall is in good shape ( no interior cracks). All the shelves are intact as well as platic ones in the doors. All electrical componets/switches are intact. Unfortunately two pipes on the cooloing unit are broken ( I don't know if these can be welded.). I don't know what this is worth so those interested can make me an offer via e-mail jmreimer@shaw.ca . I can also send pictures of the fridge to those who want them.

Cheers!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
It's just that..for me, you're too far away~!!
If I were you..I'd save it and...part it out on EBAY..IMHO..
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
Old 05-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
We paid $29.95 just for a door to fit our 69 GT - we swaped the inside skin only as the door outside, seal and frame condition was excellent.

The door trays are hard to find!! for those restoring them.

However - a new one is a big chunk of change! - there is a guy in Forest Ontario - who is a guru dometic repair dealing with old rv friges. You could find out how much it is to ship by ups and get it repaired and shipped back.

that is what he does refurbs the cooling units - so many you would just be looking at sending that part to be refurbed??? Worth a call anyway - if you want his number you can pm me.

Ours works to perfection - but if you do part yours out - I would be interested in finding out what the model number is - as our drip tray needs help as does our freezer door.

Thanks Sharon
Old 05-10-2005, 11:42 AM   #4
JMR
1 Rivet Member

Post OEM Fridge 65 GT

Sorry it took me so long to get back.

GT6921: I would really appreciate the number to the fridge Guru you mentioned in your post. I would rather restore my GT rather than rebuild, but that is dependant on cost and practicality. Getting parts and some reputable service in Canada (at least where I live) seems to be quite difficult. No one seems to want to touch the components in my A/S. But I digress.

65GT: This is going to sound dumb but what is the striker unit? What does it look like? If it located on the fridge I still have it.

In the mean time I have decided to check into the repair of my fridge rather than parting it out.

Cheers!
Old 05-10-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
GT6921: I would really appreciate the number to the fridge Guru you mentioned in your post. I would rather restore my GT rather than rebuild, but that is dependant on cost and practicality. Getting parts and some reputable service in Canada (at least where I live) seems to be quite difficult. No one seems to want to touch the components in my A/S. But I digress.

Ha ha thought you started your refurb and got lost in all the trailer parts.
Talk to Al Hurst
Gammon's R.V. Appliance Parts
519-633-5678
RR3, 44415 Talbot Line (Hwy.3)
St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3S7
www.gammonsrv.com

Good luck hope it all works out for you - but if not - remember us if you do decide to part her out - by the way what is the model number of your frige?

Old 05-10-2005, 01:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Still have the fridge

I need a fridge for my 65 Caravel. Do you still have the whole unit?

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 05-17-2005, 08:52 AM   #7
JMR
1 Rivet Member

Post Striker Unit / model #

Found the striker unit. Not attached to the fridge though. It still works as well. It was under the side goucho. I don't think I'm ready to part with it yet though. I'll keep you in mind if you do.

Model # Dometic Ma-35-d

Jeff

Tags