Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2004, 10:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
1961 22' Spaceliner
Springville , Utah
Major oops! WH part needed

Hello All
I need parts for an old bowen water heater for my 1964 Globetrotter, here is why.
So, yesterday I am awaken by my pager, calling me into work at the FD. I know that I will not be home for 48 Hours so I need to move my project 1964 globetrotter off my lawn so I don't water it with the auto sprinklers. I am in a big hurry and not awake, this is where the oops comes in, I had just set the shroud for the water heater in its place the night before just to block the big hole in the trailer. When I moved the trailer forward the shroud must have fallen out onto the ground. when I went to back the trailer into the driveway I feel some resistance so I stop and pull forward, check all mirrors, when I try to back up again same resistance so I roll down the window and hear that terrible metal mashing sound. When I get out and walk around there is was the shroud smashed flat. (arrgh I am so stupid) Anyway I am still at work, tomorrow I will go home and survey the damage in broad daylight. I will probably need to find a replacement for this part. It is the shroud for the old 10 gallon bowen water heater, the piece that mounts to the Galvanized tank surround. If you know where one of these might be please let me know. Thanks for any help
Ben
Utah
Old 06-25-2004, 06:45 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
1987 25' Sovereign
1977 23' Safari
North Olmsted , Ohio
might be able to help

dave just replaced water heater, think he saved everything, will ask him today, would be new cover that can with new unit (if it will work) june
Old 06-25-2004, 11:28 AM   #3
Creampuff

2022 27' Flying Cloud
2016 25' International
Airstream - Other
Malibu , California
Try a PM to UWE with a photo.he may have one from his O/L.
I have seen at least 3 different styles of those shrouds so a photo is a must.
Good luck!
AIR #189

"If aluminum isn't magnetic- why am I so attracted to to it?"
Old 06-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
1961 22' Spaceliner
Springville , Utah
Hello All
Thank you for your help. I have found a pic of what I am looking for here:

http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_topics_hwheater.html

Style 1 is what I am looking for.
Incidently I just found a style 2 shroud today at a local junk yard, so if someone needs one of these let me know. Thanks again
Ben
Utah