Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2004, 06:36 PM   #1

Looking for 1974 23' Safari Fold Out Table

I have recently acquired a 1974 (2) twin bed 23' Safari and am in the process of some restoration work. The fold out table is missing. The credenza and table hinge attached to the credenzas are in tact. Very interested in purchasing a used table in good condition or building a new one. The only problem with building a new one is I need photo's and measurements. All help-suggestions are appreciated.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
a.k.a. Ambassador Tim

1960 28' Ambassador
Northern , California
Should not be too hard to build. The biggest problem is going to be to find the half of the sliding hinge that goes on the table part.

The table is just two peices of wood. One has the hinge that goes on the wall portion and it allows the table to slide back toward the door away from the couch to tilt it up. There is also a fold down leg that snaps open.

The second board opens the table up bigger. When you do this, the leg portion slides over on a mechanism to support the second half of the table.

I'm sure you can engineer something to work.
Check out my book: Restoring a Dream
Check out my Airstream book for kids!: Airstream Adventures
theVAP - Airstream Podcast