Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Lou,
How did you get a new thread started? I've been trying for a week to post a message about our gaucho being available and I keep getting error messages. Here's the message anyway.

Is anyone interested in the front gaucho from our '64 Overlander?
Does anyone know what it's worth?

It's a rust colour and in good condition. We have all the parts, drawers, etc.
Delivery may be possible depending on where you are.
If it's not worth much I'll just box it up and put in the attic in case it's wanted by some future owner of the trailer, but if someone needs it for a restoration let me know. We've replaced it with a dinette.

Sorry the photo doesn't show more of it.

Grant Davidson
Milton, ON Canada
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gaucho.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	10708  
Old 03-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Gouchos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidsonOverlander
Does anyone know what it's worth?
It's a rust colour and in good condition. We have all the parts, drawers, etc.
Hi Grant,

I sold both my gouchos on Ebay last month (which really helped my design budget). They went for $125 and $305, side and front gouchos respectively. But of course you never know...Safari Tim got less that $50 one week after me and his was in better shape. I think that the sellers location has a lot to do with it also.

What did you do for a dinette? It seems to be an awfully popular conversion. I'm getting ready to start building mine any weekend now.

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
Old 03-04-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
Post Parts

Hi

I would be interested in the four bulb circular lite. I still need a lens / cover for one of mine and a switch for the other. May be able to fix two with one. Let me know

Thanks,

Loren
Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfixx
Hi Grant,

What did you do for a dinette? It seems to be an awfully popular conversion. I'm getting ready to start building mine any weekend now.

Steve
I put in a bench seat that runs about 7 feet along the street side from the counter over the fridge to the front, then across the front and about 3 feet back along the curb side to where the jalousie window is. It was a complicated project with curves both horizontally and vertically. A lot of people put their table up against the front under the window, but we have 4 kids so we continued the bench across the front to give more seating and sleeping space for 2 (an adult down the side and child across the front). The table is in the middle of the floor. The benches are made of half inch plywood with storage under the seats. The backs are vinyl with foam padding except for the part along the street side which flips forward for storage of books and papers for the kids. The plan changed several times as I was working on it and found out what worked and what didn't.

As if the bench wasn't complicated enough I then had to build an L-shaped table that would lower to become a bed. I built one design last spring and after using it for several trips decided I could do better. The table wasn't big enough and the mechanism was hard to use. I'm currently building the second (and hopefully final) version. Sorry I don't have a photo to post, I'll try to get one put up soon.

Grant