Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
The Sh*tt*r's Full!

1970 27' Overlander
lewisville , Texas
A/S Parts Near DFW, TX??

I live in the DFW area, and recently obtained a 1970 (or 72, not sure still) 27' Overlander. Needs LOTS of work, and I have noticed most available "used" parts aren't really close to me.

Anyone know of any sources CLOSE to the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area? Junk Yard, people who live close who have parts stacked in their garage, etc... I'm not picky. ;o)

Thanks!
Daniel
Old 09-10-2004, 11:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
N. Dallas RV...

The N. Dallas RV in Carrollton is right down the street from you (Lewisville). I live in Coppell. Pat Moore & Randy have been involved with A/S for 20+ yrs. and specialize in restorations. They are also an A/S approved warranty service center.

Since the George Bush tollway has been compleated through I-35 it is hard to find them. They are at the former corner of Trinity Mills & Stemmons Fwy. (T.M. is now just a service road for the G.B. Tollway.) The shop itself is on the north of G.Bush & east of Stemmons Fwy. (I-35E/N) on the Stemmons service road which no longer goes under the G.B. Twy.!!! If you call Vista Ridge GMC/Pontiac & get directions to them it is located next door (north) of N.Dallas RV...they give better directions than the girl at N.Dallas!!

I'll have to look up their phone # for you. Pat owns the place & Randy is the shop foreman.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
The Sh*tt*r's Full!

1970 27' Overlander
lewisville , Texas
Hmmm... I'm really looking for more affordable options. Randy knows his stuff, and if I need new parts he's the first I'll go talk to. Anyone got leads on some of these sitting around for parts in DFW?

Is there any type of RV salvage yard here in DFW?

I need to get up to Colaws, but that's a real hike... Anyone else in DFW been wanting to head up there? Maybe we could go in on the gas to make it more affordable?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:44 PM   #4
AND MAC TOO

Colaws?

Same problem here db, we live about 25 miles east of Ardmore, Ok and no used parts around here.
What is Colaws and wher is it?
Thanks,

Mac
Old 10-13-2004, 09:07 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
1954 25' Cruiser
2005 25' International CCD
Paradise , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtolman
Hmmm... I'm really looking for more affordable options. Randy knows his stuff, and if I need new parts he's the first I'll go talk to. Anyone got leads on some of these sitting around for parts in DFW?

Is there any type of RV salvage yard here in DFW?

I need to get up to Colaws, but that's a real hike... Anyone else in DFW been wanting to head up there? Maybe we could go in on the gas to make it more affordable?
There is Willies Salvage & Mobile Home & RV Parts in Mansfield.
7782 Mansfield Hwy - 817-478-6846. He's got a lot of stuff. Located south of I20 on the Mansfield Hwy.
AirForums #1565
WBCCI #7162
Heart of Texas Camping Unit
Old 10-13-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
We have a '71 soverign (31') that we are extensively renovating. We don't want the stove, fridge,.burner top. The newer foam couch we will give you. As time goes on we may have an entire bath (cream). the cabinets, kitchen sink and counter, curtains and more. We'd love to get rid of this stuff, but would like some money for it. You may come and look if you want, we're pretty close in Argyle. Silver suz
Old 10-13-2004, 11:17 AM   #7
The Sh*tt*r's Full!

1970 27' Overlander
lewisville , Texas
Ardmore. Oh yes... I've flown in and out of the airport there to eat... Good (but expensive) burgers. ;0)

Colaws is an A/S junkyard in Carthage, Mo.
10389 Cimmaron Rd... 877-548-2125.

There's another post on this place, with pix...
http://www.airforums.com/forum...ghlight=colaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalina
Same problem here db, we live about 25 miles east of Ardmore, Ok and no used parts around here.
What is Colaws and wher is it?
Thanks,

Mac
Old 10-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #8
The Sh*tt*r's Full!

1970 27' Overlander
lewisville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Overlander
There is Willies Salvage & Mobile Home & RV Parts in Mansfield.
7782 Mansfield Hwy - 817-478-6846. He's got a lot of stuff. Located south of I20 on the Mansfield Hwy.
Thanks!

I'll check this lead out. Hopefully they have some older (70's) models availale that I can pick off of.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:27 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
ARDMORE? we are in Argyle as in lewisville>, flower mound,> double oak>argyle (407 W). Before I35W. Am I missing something here? silver suz
Old 10-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #10
The Sh*tt*r's Full!

1970 27' Overlander
lewisville , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver suz
We have a '71 soverign (31') that we are extensively renovating. We don't want the stove, fridge,.burner top. The newer foam couch we will give you. As time goes on we may have an entire bath (cream). the cabinets, kitchen sink and counter, curtains and more. We'd love to get rid of this stuff, but would like some money for it. You may come and look if you want, we're pretty close in Argyle. Silver suz
Thanks! I can use almost all of the things you listed! I'm sure we can work out a deal on the stuff you want money for, and I'd like to come look as soon as it's convenient for you.

I PM'd you with my number. I'm in Lewisville.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:21 PM   #11
AND MAC TOO

Thanks for the info Paul & Ann. Heey Silver Suz, WE live east of Ardmore, YOU live in Argyle. lol. Thanks y'all for the information, good luck and se ya later.

Mac