Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2004, 06:45 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
'97 Excella Sofa, Rear Drapes, Twin Beds for Sale

Time to clean out the garage and sell some stuff: All items are out of a '97 Airstream Excella 25.

a. Complete fold-down sofa/storage box assembly, good condition, $165. The dimension from the inside of the armrest to inside of armrest is 73" and each armrest bolster is 11" wide making the total 95" wide. I measured the inside of the trailer where the sofa was and it is about 95.5" wide there. An upholstry shop could easily cut down the armrest bolsters for narrower trailers.

b. OEM complete set of rear drapes, good condition $135 Drape tracks:$30.

c. Pair of twin bed "curved corner" mattresses. They don't appear to have
seen much use. Would be a good set to take to a mattress shop and
have rebuilt with new pillow tops and ticking. $150.

d. Pair green and yellow flowered twin size bedspreads, pair of matching valences, and pillow shams w/ 2 pillows, good condition $80.

c. Center 3-drawer unit which goes between twin beds. The drawer glides need to be replaced, but otherwise the unit is in good condition. $80.

I will be making a trip to Fort Worth from Corpus Christi on July 30th and would be willing to "deliver/meet you" someplace along the way. Will ship drapes, bedspreads/valences, and pillows. Other items to be picked up if not along route to Ft. Worth. Email: thombiz@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa-a.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	7850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa-aa.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	7851  

Name:	Sofa-b.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	7852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sofa-c.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	7853  

Old 07-19-2004, 08:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
3-drawer rear center unit dismantled and stored. No longer available.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Drapes sold. Bedspreads/valences/pillows ($80).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	beds-d.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	7903  
Old 07-20-2004, 02:19 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
And here is a picture of one of the mattresses. The mattresses are 33" wide by 79" long. They are identical in appearance with no signs of body depressions or breakdown of any sort. They do have a very small amount of wood dust on them from setting on the wooden bed platforms. The price is $150 for the pair.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	matt-a.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	7905  
Old 07-20-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thompson
Here are pictures of the drapes ($135)and bedspreads/valences/pillows ($80). Note the drapes have a couple areas showing waterspotting, but we were able to get similar waterspotting out of the front drapes by soaking them in a bathtub with a fairly strong solution of Oxi-Clean. The drapes are in good structural shape. Included are the drapes for the kitchen window.
Hi Bob,

I'm interested in purchasing your drapes. I'm located in New Boston, NH so they would need to be shipped. Please let me know if they are still available.

Thank you in advance,

Michelle Plunkett

Old 07-20-2004, 03:47 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
route to Ft. Worth

Bob,

What route will you take? I-37 to I-35 through San Antonio?

There's a small chance i might be interested in your sofa, but I will have to do a bit of measuring.

Old 07-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
I-37 to I-35 through San Antonio
Old 07-20-2004, 04:38 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Quote:
The plan was to take I-37 to I-35 through San Antonio but I could make adjustments to the plan. For example, I could go up 281 out of San Antionio.
Actually, your first plan would work best for me. If the sofa would fit my needs I could meet you on 35 in Pflugerville and we could throw it on my truck there.

Could you tell me what the measurement is from farthest (outside) armrest edge to farthest armrest edge?

Thanks!

Old 07-20-2004, 07:14 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
The total width of the sofa plus armrests is 95" to 96". I've added this information to the first post of this string. Bob T.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

It looks like you have some interest in the sofa... If that doesn't work out, let me know. I have a '91 Excella 34' and the PO removed the sofa to make room for recliners. I need to replace by the time our 1 year old is too big to sleep in the play yard! I don't know how I'd get it from San Antonio to Ohio, but I'm sure we could figure something out.

If anyone closer to Dayton or Cincinnati has a sofa in good condition, please let me know.

--Doug@MU

Quote:
Time to clean out the garage and sell some stuff: All items are out of a '97 Airstream Excella 25.

a. Complete fold-down sofa/storage box assembly, good condition, $165. The dimension from the inside of the armrest to inside of armrest is 73" and each armrest bolster is 11" wide making the total 95" wide. I measured the inside of the trailer where the sofa was and it is about 95.5" wide there. An upholstry shop could easily cut down the armrest bolsters for narrower trailers.

b. OEM complete set of rear drapes, good condition $135 Drape tracks:$30.

c. Pair of twin bed "curved corner" mattresses. They don't appear to have
seen much use. Would be a good set to take to a mattress shop and
have rebuilt with new pillow tops and ticking. $150.

d. Pair green and yellow flowered twin size bedspreads, pair of matching valences, and pillow shams w/ 2 pillows, good condition $80.

c. Center 3-drawer unit which goes between twin beds. The drawer glides need to be replaced, but otherwise the unit is in good condition. $80.

I will be making a trip to Fort Worth from Corpus Christi on July 30th and would be willing to "deliver/meet you" someplace along the way. Will ship drapes, bedspreads/valences, and pillows. Other items to be picked up if not along route to Ft. Worth. Email: thombiz@yahoo.com
Old 07-23-2004, 11:58 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Hi Michelle, if you still want the drapes, I've held them for you. Please email me at:
thombiz@yahoo.com and let me know how you would like to have them shipped.

You didn't mention if you needed the tracks, but you probably already have tracks and shipping tracks creates bigtime packaging issues. No matter, I'll hold them for you in case you do need them.

Thanks, Bob T.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:17 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDoug
It looks like you have some interest in the sofa... If that doesn't work out, let me know. I have a '91 Excella 34' and the PO removed the sofa to make room for recliners. I need to replace by the time our 1 year old is too big to sleep in the play yard! I don't know how I'd get it from San Antonio to Ohio, but I'm sure we could figure something out.

If anyone closer to Dayton or Cincinnati has a sofa in good condition, please let me know.

--Doug@MU
MUDoug,

I'm eyeing Bob's sofa as a replacement to mine. From what I can tell, the only thing wrong with it is it isn't the color I want - otherwise, no holes or anything. I'm scarcely any closer to you than Bob, but if you can figure out a way to get it home, you'd be welcome to it.

'Course I haven't measured to make sure Bob's sofa will fit, but when I do I'll post here.

Old 07-26-2004, 03:19 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Thanks, Dave!

I certainly don't want to step on your toes. You have first dibs, but I'm certainly interested if you are serious.

I assume it fits a widebody, but looks like the extra width is all in the armrests. I still have the original armrests, so could at least have something working. I think the original in mine was a jacknife, and this one looks like a click. No problem there, as far as I know.

So, Bob... when do you need it out of there?

--Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolis1
MUDoug,

I'm eyeing Bob's sofa as a replacement to mine. From what I can tell, the only thing wrong with it is it isn't the color I want - otherwise, no holes or anything. I'm scarcely any closer to you than Bob, but if you can figure out a way to get it home, you'd be welcome to it.

'Course I haven't measured to make sure Bob's sofa will fit, but when I do I'll post here.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:02 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
I'll be left early Thursday AM going up I-37 then I-35 to Waco then to Fort Worth. I can box and ship bedspreads.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:15 PM   #15
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Bowing out

Much as I'd like to have it, I'm not really going to have room to store it in the short term. So jump in, Doug.

Have yourself a safe trip, Bob!

Old 07-28-2004, 11:34 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
The sofa, drapes, and drape tracks have sold. Thanks again, Bob T.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:51 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Thumbs up Thanks Bob! You are a class act

Thanks Bob, the drapes cleaned up beautifully and are in new condition! Take a look at how much brighter the bedroom in our Excella looks with the drapes from your unit. You'll also see I captured my husband's good side while he was installing our "new" curtains
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	OldCurtains.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	8311   Click image for larger version

Name:	InstallingCurtains.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	8312  

Name:	NewCurtainsInstalled.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	8313  

Old 08-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
I'm with you, I like the lighter look. I'm glad they worked out so well. Enjoy!
Old 08-18-2004, 08:25 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

We just got back from a trip to Dallas to pick up the sofa...

Thank you Bob! We're delighted with it! I was able to install the sofa at my brother's house and it works perfectly. My 3 year old slept on it for the remainder of the trip, and we're storing bedding and toys in the drawer. I still haven't modified the armrests or the side trim (we were correct, they will need to be cut down from the widebody configuration to fit into the standard width AS) but the PO left the old armrests in place, so we did have a complete installation for the rest of the trip. The upholstery just doesn't match, yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you (and everyone else) know that we got the sofa and it is perfect. You are a class act, indeed! Thanks again, Bob.

--Doug
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
I am delighted the sofa has worked out so well for you. I'm equally glad to have my garage space back! I hope you had a great visit to Texas.

Thanks for the kind words. Enjoy! Bob T.