Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Marketplace > For Sale & Wanted > Parts Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2003, 10:52 AM   #1

1957 Flying Cloud Parts

Hi, I am hoping that someone can help me with parts for a 1957 flying cloud. I need a door handle, the outside is broken and the inside is missing completely. Braces or channel that goes on the glass on the back window that the openers use appr. 16" long. The inside screen frame for a Hehr vent. Also, the a/c works great but no cover inside or out. I don't want to replace it because is works great. The posts on the inside are 13 3/4" by 15 1/2" with the controls in the middle. It is a coleman but I don't have a model l#. I also need door gaskets. Any help with these parts would be great. I have contacted several people and nobody has been able to help me. The rest of this restoration is going well we can't wait to go camping.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:51 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

If the door gasket is the older rivet-on style, gasket material is available at: www.airstreamdreams.com

Inland RV sells door gasket material for the years '58-'63. I bought some, and it is very "generic"--basically just a plain square gasket, about a half-inch square. This might work for your '57. www.inlandrv.com

As to the rest of your questions, the guy I'd ask is R.J. Dial. He has been restoring a '56 or '57 Flying Cloud. You can see photos of the restoration at his website: www.vintageairstream.com

R.J. may have some spare parts, or he can tell you where/if the parts are available. He can be contacted at webmaster@airstream.org

Good Luck!

Tags