Old 05-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #15
_

. , .
hello wet ones.....

i've posted about this before here......

http://www.airforums.com/forum...t=condensation

while breathing is a large part of this so is water vapor from skin...not sweat, just water evaporating from every square cm of skin....

so the whole shebang is called insensible water loss. how many people inside? i'll guess 2-3 kids and 2 adults....so this is gonna be 4-8 LITERS of water left each day inside the trailer....

imagine hosing down the insides with water.....and then hoping it will all evaporate before tomorrow......ain't gonna happen.

if you were some place really dry this would be easier to deal with, but in tennessee.....

so during the day you are probably not getting all of the water out from the previous day/night and it just builds up....

also consider wet towels, cooking, coffee pots...

you need to keep all exhaust fans running and some lower fresh air intake...like a window in each area where people sleep...so 1 front and 1 back.... towels and bedding may need to go outside to dry in the sun everyday....

this issue is particularly hard to deal with in mild temps...50-60s because it's just a little too cool to open all the windows...but not cold enough for full furnace use... and not hot enough for full a/c use, or a fully drying sun in the daytime....

also your kids are sleeping up against walls? this traps the moisture and allows it to condense back right there on the spot........so polyester rolls or wool batting needs to be along the walls....and taken outside each day to dry. look over the other things i suggested, because you need to do all of them....

lastly...in your climate anything left outside or not under cover will collect LOTS of dew.....
tennessee is the wettest state i've ever enjoyed....
in the early mornings....
i take that back.....
iowa is pretty wet too with summer dew.....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:50 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
no not normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Yes, closing it up during sleeping is the biggest part of the problem. Body heat and warm breath rises, so venting as high as you dare works best. My name will be mud if it rains hard and you have a ceiling vent open!

The windows don't wipe dry very well with a terry towel in the morning. We have found a chamois will finish the job better.
We tryed with the windows open that didn't work we tryed with one fan blowing it and one blowing out that didn't work either..

silverleeper if i understand that producted right it doesn't run off 12 v and right now that all i use besides Lp if need....is this corrected?

Old 05-15-2006, 10:58 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Lee -- Do you use the AirDryr for storage? I use it for storage and on damp nights.

It appears to be a heater only and would not remove humidity. Humidity will stay around to condense on cool surfaces. The unit only puts out a small amount of heat but if set in the middle of the floor it will control moisture.

I can't explain exactly how it works, but it has holes in the top and bottom and a center plate that heated. I used to work in a marine dist warehouse and they where very popular with boaters. Hope that help a little.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:06 PM   #18
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Lee -- Do you use the AirDryr for storage? It appears to be a heater only and would not remove humidity. Humidity will stay around to condense on cool surfaces. Please help me out if I'm not understanding how you use it.
i used one of these under the rear bed/goucho in my moho when i lived in the pacific north wet.....and another one in the main closet.

basically it puts out about as much heat as an electric food dehydrator....

but with a full metal box around it which prevents hot spots/fires....and basically it dehydrates a few cubic feet of space that may be prone to moisture accumulation...

placed in a closed area like a closet or underbed...it keeps all surfaces just a tad warmer so condensation doesn't occur...it also seems that the air is these closed-in spaces is drier......and actually i used a small gauge (hygrometer?) that measured humidity and zones with the airdryr would be 20-40% less humid....which is alot.

i think this may be enough to keep mold spores and mildew from growing....

anyway they absolutely do prevent mold/mildew on bedding, clothing and things that come into contact with potentially cold/hard surfaces, like sofas(walls/sking/framing) i used them whenever the moho was stored for more than a week.....

but they don't help during the time the tube is inhabited....

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:08 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
hello wet ones.....

i've posted about this before here......

http://www.airforums.com/forum...t=condensation

while breathing is a large part of this so is water vapor from skin...not sweat, just water evaporating from every square cm of skin....

so the whole shebang is called insensible water loss. how many people inside? i'll guess 2-3 kids and 2 adults....so this is gonna be 4-8 LITERS of water left each day inside the trailer....

imagine hosing down the insides with water.....and then hoping it will all evaporate before tomorrow......ain't gonna happen.

if you were some place really dry this would be easier to deal with, but in tennessee.....

so during the day you are probably not getting all of the water out from the previous day/night and it just builds up....

also consider wet towels, cooking, coffee pots...

you need to keep all exhaust fans running and some lower fresh air intake...like a window in each area where people sleep...so 1 front and 1 back.... towels and bedding may need to go outside to dry in the sun everyday....

this issue is particularly hard to deal with in mild temps...50-60s because it's just a little too cool to open all the windows...but not cold enough for full furnace use... and not hot enough for full a/c use, or a fully drying sun in the daytime....

also your kids are sleeping up against walls? this traps the moisture and allows it to condense back right there on the spot........so polyester rolls or wool batting needs to be along the walls....and taken outside each day to dry. look over the other things i suggested, because you need to do all of them....

lastly...in your climate anything left outside or not under cover will collect LOTS of dew.....
tennessee is the wettest state i've ever enjoyed....
in the early mornings....
i take that back.....
iowa is pretty wet too with summer dew.....

cheers
2air'
Well it me two kids a hubby sometimes and a Boston terr.I don't cook inside at all.I dont use the LP at all unless it gets cold.I use coolers for the food & drinks cause it normal just a weekend thing.We mainly take showers in the showers stalls at the camp ground.And we do hang all the towels out side...
We where leaving the windows and fans running 24*7 for the most part.Until we tryed it with the windows closed...But it didn't help much either and this year we haven't went yet so am willing to try anything onces...to stay dry this year
Old 05-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Works for me

but they don't help during the time the tube is inhabited....

cheers
2air'[/quote]

Angle73, Please look at every option. Hope all this info will help in some way.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:24 PM   #21
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Are you using the stove or oven if equipped for long periods of time without the vent fan? Propane with a complete burn will put out CO2 (carbon dioxide) and H20 (water). Vent.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
Are you using the stove or oven if equipped for long periods of time without the vent fan? Propane with a complete burn will put out CO2 (carbon dioxide) and H20 (water). Vent.
I dont cook inside at all.Nor do i use the fridge.Mostly cause am scared of the gas.I was using two 12volt fans all day. one pulling air in the big front window and one pulling the air out in the rear throw the other big window.But it didnt seem to help at the time

Silverleeper......i will....thank you

Thanks everyone who give me ideas on the problem at hand....My kids and i thank you all
Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #23
_

. , .
angle73

how long has it been since someone inspected the roof panels, seams and sealants on top?

it is possible that condensation on the outside (dew) is leaking down the inside/along the walls into the trailer as another source of moisture....

my last thought on your wetness...

also i'm reminded that someone here kept finding moisture inside their trailer...
without a source....
finally they figured out that the inground sprinkler system
was coming on in the early mornings
and soaking into the bottom side of the trailer....

cheers
2air'

Old 05-15-2006, 11:46 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
angle73

how long has it been since someone inspected the roof panels, seams and sealants on top?

it is possible that condensation on the outside (dew) is leaking down the inside/along the walls into the trailer as another source of moisture....

my last thought on your wetness...

also i'm reminded that someone here kept finding moisture inside their trailer...
without a source....
finally they figured out that the inground sprinkler system
was coming on in the early mornings
and soaking into the bottom side of the trailer....

cheers
2air'
Well we're doing alot of thing to the camper right now from replacing floors and main braces. to stripping and polishes and re sealing the hole outside....You think this could be part of the problem?The only thing that we've seen leaking is the storage box letting water run under the floor.And we have all the inside panel out in the rear.Everything looks to be dry but the floor and we're wet weather its rained ,raining or not..
Old 05-16-2006, 01:37 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
hey angle73,

That is a really strange problem .I suspect humidity in your area condensing on everything ,combined with sleeping breathing etc. but humidity from outside wont be displaced with fans I wouldnt think ,Really cool nights ,moisture from the air condensing on the outside .I would really insulate inside the walls ,that could really be the trouble.I had a scout vehical with a steel top that was like rain all over it on the inside do to condensation from the cool night air, dry hot summers ,did not happen.

Scott
Old 05-16-2006, 01:40 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
One other thought here,If the inside panels are removed and you have no insulation ,that would do it.condensation in the night on the outside will get the inside walls all wet ,as well as everone else.By the way ,off topic ,we have a boston terrier also ,Casey is his name .great little dogs.Had them kind of dogs all my childhood.He,s an airstreamer too.

Scott
Old 05-16-2006, 07:13 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottanlily
hey angle73,

That is a really strange problem .I suspect humidity in your area condensing on everything ,combined with sleeping breathing etc. but humidity from outside wont be displaced with fans I wouldnt think ,Really cool nights ,moisture from the air condensing on the outside .I would really insulate inside the walls ,that could really be the trouble.I had a scout vehical with a steel top that was like rain all over it on the inside do to condensation from the cool night air, dry hot summers ,did not happen.

Scott
We just took the inside walls out about a week ago.The insulate look great and full to be 30 years old.But by the time we're done with the Uchannel & rotten floor it wont be...lol Yeah Our doggy names is Nickey she turns six this year.If only i had the dog energy.Our normal dog was rockweller,but with my second child.I didn't want another big dog right then.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #28
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
found this on google

http://www.goodnites.com/na/bedwetti...02&IQ_ID=56802

sorry. couldn't help myself