Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1979 30' Argosy
saint augustine , Florida
Question where's the valve??

so im checking out my suburban NT30MA for the first time today, and so far the elctronics seem to be working ok as the blower fan turns on when i set the thermostat to high. the problem is that nothing else happens, no cilcks or nothing. the manual says to turn the manual gas valve to supply gas, but i'll be a monkeys uncle if i can't even find the doggone thing. is it at the furnace, or under the trailer or what? please help as the cold is coming soon.
happypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2005 16' International CCD
Wimberley , Texas
If there is a valve it should be where the trailer propane plumbing hooks to the furnace supply, otherwise maybe they are talking about the tank valve. Is it a new trailer or new to you? By that I mean do you know if it was working last season? Sometime there is just air in the line and takes a few tries to purge. I hope this helps. I don't know a lot about them but that is where I would start.
Grumpycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1985 34' Limited
1960 24' Tradewind
Summerville , South Carolina
happypill,
I looked at ours--its a nt34 Suburban. We have to unscrew and remove the front panel of the furnace. The gas shut off valve sits just inside on the lower left corner. Easily accessible with the panel removed.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Assuming the heater has worked in the plase the gas valve should already be on.

A common problem with heater not firing is air in the line after you change the gas bottle. If the heater gas valve does not click after about 15 seconds of the fan running that is an indication that the pilot did not light. What I do when this happens is crack the flared nut on the gas line just before the heater till you smell gas, then tighten it and try again. The orifice to the pilot is Too Small to purge the air that may be in the line without cycling the heater many times.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote