Old 02-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
deland , Florida
its raining outside right now so i cant do much. yes i grounded it out by using the trailer, next time i climb up there i will use the green wire as the ground. let me take some pictures of the unit and that may be of help to you helping me out.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Not the green wire

No! Don't use the green wire. Read between the black and the white wire to see if you have power.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:43 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

deland , Florida
camera will be here soon so i will take pictures. i did climb back up and read between black and white wires. i probed white wire with the ground on the meter and the black wire i used pos on meter. it read about 125 volts. traced the black wire to the relay and still read the 125 volts. from the lo relay there is a red wire that runs to the fan and that only read abotu 5 volts. same with the high relay, the wire that ran from that to a compacitor then to the fan only read 5 volts. and finaly there is a wire ( brown i belive) that runs from the other side of the capacitor to the fan and that was reading very low volts. also that single wire that runs from the cap to the fan was pinched really bad and may be broken inside the sleeve. also while i was up there i tested the g1 g2 wires and they read 5 volts as well. my main concern first off is to see if i can get the fan running. i relize the white is ground for the fan, but out of the red, blue, and brown wires wich wire needs the 115 volts to run the fan?
Old 02-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

deland , Florida
pics are here. i cant upload them on this site for some odd reason

airstream pictures by 386kustoms - Photobucket
Old 02-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
First thing to do is see if you have 24 volts AC coming out of the transformer. If you can trace the red and yellow wires coming out of the transformer to where you can put your meter on a connection. With power on you should see about 26 volts AC. According to the drawing the yellow wire is spliced to a red wire and a black wire. The black wire goes to the Low Speed relay. You might be able to read between the red wire on the terminal strip and the black wire on the relay to see if you have 24 volts AC there.
In looking at the photo; I don't see any wires coming off of the terminal strip with the G1 and G2 terminals. Only the wires that look like they go into the control box. Is there more that one wire connected to the terminal G1?
Where is the thermostat located? On the unit?
If you have the 24 volts, you could try and jumper between "R"terminal and "G2"terminal to see if the low speed fan relay will pick up.
I'll wait to hear from you before we move on.
Try to answer each of my questions as best you can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2-6-11Airstream4[1].jpg
Views:	75
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	121608  
Old 02-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

deland , Florida
i will climb back up there tomorow if i get home in time while light out. there are more wires coming from g1 and 2 they are just under the other wires. hard to see in the pic. i will check for 26 v at the transformer. you say turn the unit on correct? will both wires coming from transformer have 26v? the thermostat is located in the trailer near the bathroom, i tried jumping the wires the other day with no luck. i will get back to you with the result of seeing how many volts are coming from transformer
Old 02-06-2011, 06:11 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Power

Yes, you will need the power on. Be careful because those relays will have 120 volts on them.