Old 12-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
Be sure all settings on thermostat are set to Auto and then select Furn. We had the same issue on our maiden voyage and after a call to the service dept this solved the problem.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #16
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Our furnace also stopped working on a cold trip. I took it in to the dealer and after he checked for propane etc he turned on the furnace set to auto and still would not run. The tech removed to outside panel and on top of the furnace boy there is a switch (on/off) that he toggled a couple of times and then the furnace worked. He said that sometimes the switch on the inside of the furnace gets stuck and switching the switch on and off will reset it.

Good luck

2017 Ford F-250 Diesel
2015 25' International
WBCCI # 5462 4CU
Ponyfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Western , ** Big Sky Country ** Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Compressor Delay Icon indicates to me you changed the thermostat from Furnace to Heat Pump as there is no compressor in the furnace. I see you run a 25' but do you have dual Air Conditioners? If so the furnace is operated on Zone 2 settings, Zone one is the rear of the trailer, at least that is the way it is with our 2015 30'.
That was my first thought as well ... have you reset the furnace from the outside access panel?
Old 12-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Do the propane burners on the stove cook top work?
Old 12-08-2015, 12:03 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Batteries too low for furnace to kick on. Charge them up, like someone posted you may need a fuse in your vehicle to activate that line
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Any chance one or both of your batteries are bad, or heading south? How recently have you checked the water levels and specific gravity of each cell with a glass tube battery tester? What is the in-service date on each battery? With improper charging, even a one-year old battery can be damaged enough to mess things up.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #21
NOAZRK

2004 34' Classic S/O
Currently Looking...
Kutztown , Pennsylvania
Zero degrees? Where in the world are you in that Aluminum Igloo? Just get to the nearest Interstate and look for an "S" on the sign then keep heading in that direction until you can keep the windows open all day and night.
Old 12-08-2015, 03:52 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
Regarding the fridge: Last spring ours stopped working when we were camped at 8000 ft and it was 29 degrees overnight. I'm not sure if the weather/altitude was the reason, but the refrigerant had developed a "bubble" which prevented circulation and wouldn't cool.

A certified Dometic repairman literally flipped our fridge upside down in two directions to get the bubble to go away. Being on the road may also make it go away. Just a thought...if your fridge is still broken.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
Hutto , Texas
I also had intermittent furnace problems for about a year. Even with shore power, the furnace would occasionally refuse to come on or 'stutter' when trying to come on.

I could temporarily fix it by going outside under the furnace hatch and wiggle the wires a bit. There are a couple plastic connectors that join a wire into another wire. The connectors have a little piece of metal that pierces the insulation to make a connection. They had developed a slight corrosion and were no longer reliable. After a few times, I became impatient with the problem. I cut each joint apart and soldered the wires together with a shrink tubing cover.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:22 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1997 28' Excella
Eden , Utah
Back up heat

Get to a Walmart and buy a "Buddy Heater", at least you'll have some emergency back up heat and can use it when Boondocking.

Hank
Old 12-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Based your last thread about your refrigerator malfunction and this thread on your heater malfunction.
I would say your battery's are too low to function the electronic controls.
It is not uncommon for battery's to be sitting on the manufacture/dealers shelf for a long time before you bought your rig.
And as stated, You can check each cell with a battery hydrometer, etc.
If one cell is good and the rest are not, metering will show a good voltage across the terminals. However that will not start your car or run your appliances.
If it works with the TV plugged in and running, and doesn't when not when not plugged in. Guess what?
You can try to charge the battery's by using a direct connection from the TV to the trailer with jumper cables. This is a lot more amperage than your umbilical can provide and will charge them. If they are chargeable.
My guess is the battery's are shot.
Best of luck.

-Dennis
Old 12-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKuhlman View Post
Yesterday was the fridge (still not working) in our 2015 25FC. Now we stopped for the night (on the road all day), and the furnace won't turn on.
[snip]
Bonnie
After reading Dennis's comment and your fridge thread, Bonnie, the batteries came into sharper focus. Their condition should be examined closely, and hopefully are still under warranty.

Confirmation that you are getting a solid charge from the tow vehicle is also important. Plenty of spots for loose connections, missing fuses, or corrosion of contacts, all of which would compromise the charge actually reaching your batteries.

That switch in the furnace compartment obviously is also a link in the chain.

Please let us know what you find/do, as your new knowledge will become part of the incredible resource which this forum is!

Good luck,

Peter

PS -- Bonnie's thread on the fridge:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f425...se-144396.html
Old 12-10-2015, 11:13 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Charleston , South Carolina
Made it to our destination in AZ day before yesterday. Moving truck arrived yesterday and we spent the day with them unloading into the storage. Good news is we have a place to stay (thank God for family), until we have the Airstream settled. I think it's pretty certain the batteries are the problem. Getting shore power hooked up today and checking the batteries per conversation with Airstream tech. We are grateful to all our Airstream friends for all your help. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKuhlman View Post
Made it to our destination in AZ day before yesterday. Moving truck arrived yesterday and we spent the day with them unloading into the storage. Good news is we have a place to stay (thank God for family), until we have the Airstream settled. I think it's pretty certain the batteries are the problem. Getting shore power hooked up today and checking the batteries per conversation with Airstream tech. We are grateful to all our Airstream friends for all your help. I'll keep you posted.
Wondering if you have time to update us? Hope it all worked out . . .

Thanks,

Peter