Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 09:57 AM   #1

2017 22' Sport
Harrison Hot Springs , British Columbia
Water Heater Question 2017 Bambi

Hi there,
Newbie here..
I've been searching around the forum and reading the manual, but I still can't figure out what might be going on with my water heater. Things seem to be working, except for the fact that no hot water is coming through
Propane tanks are on. I can hear the heater running, and the vent is hot, so it's producing heat. I turn the switch on in the washroom and it is red for a few seconds and then goes off, as it says it should. I made sure the pressure valve released. I made sure the holding tank right underneath was not leaking or anything.
I've waited for hours. I've searched trying to find if there was some sort of winterizing bypass thing that I am missing... but I haven' been able to find anything like that...
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
(Although, they say showering in cold water is good for your health, haha, I'm in Canada and it's still a little cold here)

Thank you!!
Meg
galaxiedelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Meg, are you sure your water heater bypass valve is in 'summer' mode? Not sure where the water heater is located on 22 Sport, but on the inside of your trailer, there is access somewhere to the water heater. There should be a yellow valve that needs to be turned to be 'in line' with the water pipe. If this has not been done, there is a good chance there is no water in the water heater, either. Turn off water heater until you are sure! Also, not sure what you meant about the pressure valve being 'releases'. That valve should be closed (snapped "shut"). If it's open (up) and not water is coming out, there is no water in your heater and you'll damage it. Sounds to me like your bypass valve in the trailer is not in the correct position.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #3
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
I tried looking online but could't quickly find a 2014 manual. However in the 2104 manual (probably the same), in the 'winterizing' secion it says about the bypass valve:

'22-ft.Front Bed model is accessed through a door under the mattress on the roadside bed or through its storage door.'

On the 2014 it doesn't appear to be a yellow valve like I described, but a white valve (one of three) that needs to be turns so the valve is "in line" with the pipe. The 2014 manual includes a photo of the valve, check your manual...hopefully yours does as well.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #4
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Hi galaxiedelux,

We're very sorry to learn about the issue you described in your 2017 22' Sport. Please send me a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

We look forward to helping you get this resolved.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:05 AM   #5

2017 22' Sport
Harrison Hot Springs , British Columbia
Thank you so much, pcskier! Wow!
So the pressure release valve is closed. I just read about releasing a little pressure by lifting it for a second, so tried that. I found the valves under the bed. Thank you! There are 4 of them, and only one of them was "in-line" with the pipes. I turned the closest one to be "in-line" as well, and I have hot water!!! Thank you! You're my hero! Not sure about how the other two are supposed to be... but can't thank you enough for your advice!
Meg
galaxiedelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:59 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
2016 22' Sport
Lecanto , Florida
hot water

the other two at the floor are drain valves for winterizing the trailer.
WDEL is offline   Reply With Quote