Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2004, 09:54 AM   #1

Unhappy Water coming out the AC vent?

Hello,

I have a Coleman Mach AC (1999) that is duct throughout my RV. Last weekend we were camping, it was very muggy and it was about to rain so we decided to move inside and use the AC. It was our fist time using it; the unit really cool down the RV. About an hour later water started coming out the air intake vent, about a cup; I quickly turned the AC off and the water stopped. The next day I figured it might be a clogged drip pan so I took it all apart and there is no drain or at least I couldn’t find one.

Has anyone else had this experience, is there a drain I missed and/or was this just a fluke?

Thanks for any advice!

Tony
tmembrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Welcome to the forums Tony!

What kind of RV do you have? It will help to nail down your possibilities.
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 10:06 AM   #3

I have a 1999 Winnebago Brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcwilliams
Welcome to the forums Tony!

What kind of RV do you have? It will help to nail down your possibilities.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:57 AM   #4
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
It has to drain somewhere

The drain should be obvious after taking off the inside cover of the AC if there is one. Was there water running off the roof from the AC? The condensate has to go somewhere, either down a drain tube or run out on the roof to drip off the sides or rear.

It could be running out on the roof and you have a leak at the gasket where the AC is mounted, causing the water to drip inside.

If Winnebago didn't provide somewhere for it to drain, what happened is going to be a very frequent occurrence.

You will find precious little Winnebago information here. Is there a Winnebago newsgroup or forum where you could ask?
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
I doubt if it has a drain. The SOBs pretty much drain on the roof and run down the sides. I had to put holes in the drain pan on my Coleman to hook it to the drain line.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:38 PM   #6

Hi John,

Thanks for your comments. When I looked inside the unit I could see the cooling coils and a drip pan but NO drain. I looked everywhere! I called a service center and I was told the drain tube was on the outside. I went on the roof, took the AC cover off and I could not find a drain tube. My guess is the service guy way just guessing and really didn’t know!

There are NO leaks in the gaskets or the roof!

I understand this is an Airstream Forum but what I’m figuring is Coleman AC’s are the same whether there in an Airstream or a Winnebago.

Thanks Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
The drain should be obvious after taking off the inside cover of the AC if there is one. Was there water running off the roof from the AC? The condensate has to go somewhere, either down a drain tube or run out on the roof to drip off the sides or rear.

It could be running out on the roof and you have a leak at the gasket where the AC is mounted, causing the water to drip inside.

If Winnebago didn't provide somewhere for it to drain, what happened is going to be a very frequent occurrence.

You will find precious little Winnebago information here. Is there a Winnebago newsgroup or forum where you could ask?
Old 08-24-2004, 12:59 PM   #7
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Leaking AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmembrin
Hi John,

Thanks for your comments. When I looked inside the unit I could see the cooling coils and a drip pan but NO drain. I looked everywhere! I called a service center and I was told the drain tube was on the outside. I went on the roof, took the AC cover off and I could not find a drain tube. My guess is the service guy way just guessing and really didn’t know!

There are NO leaks in the gaskets or the roof!

I understand this is an Airstream Forum but what I’m figuring is Coleman AC’s are the same whether there in an Airstream or a Winnebago.

Thanks Tony
Hi Tony
I am fighting the same problem on the same AC unit.
When you take the inside unit down the drain is on the right side just behind the temp control. The pan dips down and the hose runs straight off to the street side on my 1973 Argosy.
My Airstream dealer put a new gasket under mine and said it was fixed!! He will be getting it back tomorrow for another try.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:12 AM   #8

Good morning Don,

It’s nice to know I’m not alone!

When you take the inside unit down the drain is on the right side just behind the temp control. The pan dips down and the hose runs straight off to the street side on my 1973 Argosy.

Are you saying that, from the inside, after I remove the grate and intake filter, on the driver’s side of the unit I should see a drain? This drain or hose does it run inside your walls of your unit, or is it on the outside?

I will look again when I get home!

Thanks don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyusmc
Hi Tony
I am fighting the same problem on the same AC unit.
My Airstream dealer put a new gasket under mine and said it was fixed!! He will be getting it back tomorrow for another try.

Don