Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2003, 03:32 PM   #21
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Go girl, you got the plan now.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 03:41 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Brevard , North Carolina
Oh, Andy...I'll be talking to you soon!!!

You have been so helpful...we are gonna get this thing done someday...I have the vision and the energy and fortunately the money...but I can't stand to pay for something I am able to do myself. When you install something yourself you know how it works and you can fix it and maintain it correctly. I sleep better knowing that.

We still think that all this stuff we are learning on the airstream is gonna help us on our sailboat someday!!! It's practice.

I also sleep better knowing there are such great folks to help as there are here!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:13 AM   #23
2 Rivet Member

silly pan

Howdy lexy,
If you look at page #2 under posts "ac pan" by George,
You will see a picture of the pan that Joecj kindly sent along.
it will answer your questions what they look like.
He got the pan from Andy at Indland ,for the Duo-therm Penguin
BUT I tryed to get that pan and the lady there said it ain't available anymore, go figgrer,

Just a thought, you mentioned being rural, can you borrow a small Gravity wagon from a farmer?all you need is a few 2x4's and a piece of plywood to make a "scaffold", works for me.

and lastly, are you shure your old "AC" is truly bad?sometimes something simple can fix them.
Luck, George
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:56 AM   #24
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
George.

Sorry.

New girls.

Wrong info.

We "do" have the pan for the Penguin.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 05:29 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Brevard , North Carolina
George...we just talked to the RV shop guy who is really helpful with us and he agreed to let us do all the "remove old unit and connect the new one" and we can come and he will lift it in for us with the fork lift...calling it a partial installation for a small amount. I thought that was most agreeable so I will order it thru him. He has met or come close to all the net prices for everything else we have ordered from him....and he is there to answer my questions. That's fair.

We actually want to remove the old unit so we can be sure it's reinforced as it's supposed to be.

I need to be sure that the Carrier 15,000 will work off 12 gauge wire on a 20 amp circuit.....does anyone know that for sure? I haven't heard of anyone putting in 10 wire and a 30amp circuit but I suppose in larger trailers they might. My house window unit in my pottery studio works great on a 20 amp....in fact it freezes up sometimes.