Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Athens , Georgia
Under Bench AC with Heat unit

I just came across a Dometic product that seems to combine Air con and heat but also is designed to be installed under a bench rather than on the roof. It may not have massive numbers in the spec but I thought it sounded interesting and wondered if anyone had tried one in Europe or had seen something similar over here yet?

Products - Dometic
Old 11-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
It is a European spec unit of course, 230 volts and 50 hz power required. I have always had a dream of an inside unit for my Caravel, but there just is so little floor and cabinet space as it is, that I give up easily. Then, there is the ducting of air in and out of the unit, I assume through the floor, for a no visual trace system. I am sure someone has done it in some AS, sometime, but all my looking has not come up with any real solution. We are so space limited as it is.

The nicest AS units were the custom (I think Armstrong) ones with the smooth flowing cover that looked like an Airstream designed system. They were made in the 70's I think, and are rare to see these days, but sure looked nice. I could stand one of those on the roof of my Caravel, but have seen nothing else I like.
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote