Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Townsend , Georgia
TR21-12 Shroud supplier

Inland RV has the replacement shroud I need for my '72 Sovereign 31' Armstrong a/c but the shipping cost is outrageous. Does any one know a supplier closer to Georgia than California? Thanks
avisjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by avisjean View Post
Inland RV has the replacement shroud I need for my '72 Sovereign 31' Armstrong a/c but the shipping cost is outrageous. Does any one know a supplier closer to Georgia than California? Thanks
They're it. For the money, you could almost buy a brand new a/c unit. Installation would be more, since the old one would have to be removed and a frame built for the opening.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I bought one of Andy's shrouds for the 67 some years back. Gotta say this: While expensive, it was very solid, much tougher than the original shroud. Painted it with a protective white and added the original grills to the sides -- and used it until the AC finally and miserably bit the dust a couple of years later on a very hot afternoon at Zion NP.

I passed the shroud on to other forum members. (Did I sell it? Or just give it to them? I can't remember.)

Lynn

Tags
shroud