Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Frozen , Tundra
I understand importance of location and figured if it was important enough to the discussion any member could discern approximate location based upon my location with a minimal amount of research or general knowledge (dependent upon where you live) I currently have posts on having my door lock apart, and also installing a large (and very expensive) solar array. Where I live is really not very populous, and if I were foolish enough to post any pics which inevitably show background buildings and landscape, it would not be too terribly difficult for an unscrupulous individual to make use of the available information in a criminal manner. I guess I won't post any pics and I should be OK, its not too easy to "hide" an airstream 26 feet long that currently has no security, people hide e-mail addresses with simple "ruses" all the time and I feel my AS is far more valuable than an e-mail address. If someone creatively disclosed their e-mail to me here on the forums I would not be so foolish as to post the actual address the next post down, thats all I'm saying.
alumascoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Frozen , Tundra
Glad to know there are no thieves browsing this site, where did you confirm this information ?
I was not trying to make everyone's life difficult trying to discern my location. Like I said I thought it was clever and could educate people about my locality should they have the interest, or discern the need to know my location to answer my questions. If frozen tundra can mean anything how were you able to come up with an answer ? A laborious search on google ! Sorry you had to learn something new.
I have avoided forums for years due to posters who claim great knowledge and seniority doing their best to elevate their status at the detriment of "newbies" trying to get the hang of forums. Yes, I have read many forums full of newbie questions that clog the forum with already answered questions, and general inexperienced stuff, and yes, that must be frustrating for more experienced users. If many newbies waste your time on your favorite automotive forum please don't transfer those frustrations to me. I don't feel I've done that yet, so please try to have at least some patience, as we're all newbies at some point.
I hope we can move forward positively from here, I am not trying to waste anyones time, and if you feel I am, please just ignore my posts.
P.S. I used to skate and also am very involved with auto repair, so we may have more in common than you think!
alumascoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I never said we didn't have anything in common.

I think you might think I'm more upset than I really am. I'm just trying to explain that biting - or ignoring - the hand that's trying to feed you is counterproductive.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote