Hi! last week I started up the two furnaces in my 86 345. All started and shut off as usual. This weekend I went into the mh and could smell propane. The rear furnace would light but the front furnace (under the sink) would not. Tried the soap test in the mh with no leaks.. has anyone had any experience with this problem?
I installed a propane detector for peace of mind, about $50. It's mounted next to my furnace. It is very sensitive and will alert before you can smell propane, which it has only once. I also have a CO and a smoke detector along with a mid size fire extinguisher.
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
I,m in my 89 345 camping in Ocala Fl and have had to use both of the heaters. I don't know what the 2 red switches on the wall behind the dinette do, but expect they have something to do with the heaters and propane flow. The furnane did not seem to get hot until I moved the switch from one position to the next. Maybe they are like the hot water switch in the bath. If so, try changing position. Good luck and maybe we will both know!
If you are a member, maybe the local club or someone in it has a electronic propane detector. You can buy a cheap one now for under $80. You have to localize where the leak is before you can fix it. Some of the furnaces have the potential for an internal leak as well. You local dealer might help for $100 per hour.
Propane detectors are a fine idea, but if you smell propane, then you need more. Turn on the gas, don't light anything, get down on your knees, and use your sniffer to find the source. Fix it. Then repeat the process.
Or take it to a reputable dealer (not just a propane filler) and ask them to do the same.