Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2005, 11:10 AM   #41
4 Rivet Member

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...onditioner.htm

Coleman 13.5K unit for $375, valid until 7/22/05.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:16 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...onditioner.htm

Coleman 13.5K unit for $375, valid until 7/22/05.
Awesome price.
I did notice that you have to pay an extra $60 for the lower unit so that puts it at $435 for the complete unit with no heat strip.
That is very comparable to the Carrier AirV.
I like the Colemans. That is all I had before the Carrier. They last forever!
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 01:45 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

Well, 20 years is a good approximation of "forever", for all practical purposes.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:09 PM   #44
Rivet Master

20 years would seem to be well worth the money spent in my book. That's for sure.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoburb
Hi Gang,

My '82 34 Limited is in need of a replacement reefer unit. I have the RM100 currently and I would like to know which of the available units most closely provides form/fit/function equivalence. Palamino seems to be the supplier of choice, however, I would like to talk to them with a model in mind.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take care,
Did you get your fridge replaced? I see that it has been awhile since this was posted and wondered if you got a chance to "git-r-done"?
Has anyone else done any appliance swaps?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Have not done a swap - yet! Have 3 campers 2 fridge's 24 is miising one and has a micro fridge (combo frige microwave)
Thinking of taking the fridge out of the 26 if it works, no time to check it out, but hey winter is coming soon. and puting it in the 24.....
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #47
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I posted this on another thread, but wanted to note it here. Camping World told me they could not put a new Coleman on an Airstream/Argosy. Something about the "pan" having to be fabricated for an additional $700++ and then the cost of the Coleman and installation. Inland RV told me to get the Carrier, which I did and had it installed by a small RV repair shop. Haven't tried it yet, but got the heat strip and some switch that makes the vents move up and down by themselves. Looks cool, hope it works. Also got a small electric frig. that fits between the couch and cabinet, to supplement the 78 Dometic (that still works pretty good) Now for the LP/electric water heater and I'm good to go.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #48
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by juel
I posted this on another thread, but wanted to note it here. Camping World told me they could not put a new Coleman on an Airstream/Argosy. Something about the "pan" having to be fabricated for an additional $700++ and then the cost of the Coleman and installation. Inland RV told me to get the Carrier, which I did and had it installed by a small RV repair shop. Haven't tried it yet, but got the heat strip and some switch that makes the vents move up and down by themselves. Looks cool, hope it works. Also got a small electric frig. that fits between the couch and cabinet, to supplement the 78 Dometic (that still works pretty good) Now for the LP/electric water heater and I'm good to go.
Camping World is good to buy some things from but I have never taken my trailer to a dealership for service, ever. I use nothing but standard power tools and I do my research.
To install an A/C into an existing opening is fairly straightforward. It only takes a little more work to install one when there is no opening. Mine is installed in the same area as the factory.
I like the features that the Air V offers. I have found the rotating louvers to be a bit more than I really care for. I did get the heat strip but only because Family RV Center offered it for A LOT less than the competition that adverts here had offered it. Family RV is so far below the competition for their price, I am ACTUALLY considering swapping out my brand new Air V with the new Carrier low-profile Air V. I can probably get a good price for my old one since I paid so little for it in the first place.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:57 AM   #49
1 Rivet Member

1970 29' Ambassador
Montgomery , Alabama
Dometic RM2353 For How Much???

I know that this thread is a little old, but I am trying to find a small refrigerator at a great price. I called Palomino and they quoted me $500.00 plus shipping for the same RM2352 that you listed in your first thread??? Was this a sale price when you ordered your fridge? How do you find all the deals out there... Kind of like the axle replacement for under three hundred dollars from Axis??? I must be doing something wrong... Please help???
foshejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshejh
I know that this thread is a little old, but I am trying to find a small refrigerator at a great price. I called Palomino and they quoted me $500.00 plus shipping for the same RM2352 that you listed in your first thread??? Was this a sale price when you ordered your fridge? How do you find all the deals out there... Kind of like the axle replacement for under three hundred dollars from Axis??? I must be doing something wrong... Please help???
I spend a lot of time researching on the Internet. I also just pick up the phone and call.
As for the price of the fridge I bought mine in mid-2004. It may be that the time you called and the quantity on hand was not the same as mine. Still $500 is a good deal. That fridge at the large RV dealership here is $600 plus tax.
As for the axles... I was not about to pay as much as 800 bucks an axle plus shipping and modifications.. I researched. Talked to a few axle people. Bought one after all of the legwork.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #51
1974 28' Argosy TT

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hinsdale , New Hampshire
Send a message via Yahoo to stinkytwinky
Website address for dometic replacement

Their web address has changed to http://www.dometicusa.com/media/replacement.png
If you are looking for your replacement model you will love this chart.
You will need your original model to cross reference, or at least the dimensions of your opening.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:08 PM   #52
2 Rivet Member

Bowie , Texas
Hello,

I recently bought a RM-2620 from Palomino for $650 + shipping. Great deal.

I am just finishing the installation. Its been running on electricity for about a week. Last night I switched it over to gas. It is keeping the freezer about zero with the temperature set in the middle. However, when opening the freezer this morning I noticed an amonia smell from inside. Is this normal on a new unit or do I have trouble? If trouble how do I get warranty service on this unit?

Thanks,

JMG
John Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:07 PM   #53

babb , Montana
I was told that if you smell amonia then the fridge is wrecked and you need a replacement. I am trying to call Palomino's 1 800 number but it will not work in my area. Could someone please give me their website or another number that I can call to talk to them. My fridge gave up the ghost and stinks of amonia..I need a cheap fridge..hahaha
Thanks
awestruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Try this number, (269)432-3271, and see if you can't get to Jevin in Parts or Appliances.

Visit my Camping Blog!
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:12 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Try this number, (269)432-3271, and see if you can't get to Jevin in Parts or Appliances.
Jevin ROCKS!
Palomino has no website for their parts outlet so you have to call and you have to know what you are looking for.
Remember, you can get brand new stoves and whatever else you are looking for from them really reasonable too.
None of this stuff is scratch and dent stuff either. All of it is surplus. I never received anything that was damaged from them.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:37 AM   #56
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
Jevin ROCKS!...........
None of this stuff is scratch and dent stuff either. All of it is surplus. I never received anything that was damaged from them.
Amen to the Jevin comment, I got a water heater, furnace and fridge there at all one wack; btw, they special ordered my fridge for me

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:47 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Hey, Rod, why don't you see if you can't get a TV in time for the Metro Detroit Rally and come up the Michigan again? I bet the trailer is feeling homesick!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #58

1971 29' Ambassador
Embrun , Ontario
the fridge in the '71 ambassador airstream we just bought needs to be replaced...should we call Palomino? we are in canada?

thanks,
jo
ladyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Give the them a call. We are going to pick up our new fridge this week!

Lou: Expect a call when I start trying to install it!

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #60
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
1993 21' Sovereign
Elm Grove , Wisconsin
Thumbs up Great price & service on new Dometic fridge!

Thanks guys for the recommendation on Palomino RV! My old Dometic RM3604 had a severe amonia leak so I decided to replace it with a new unit rather than repair it.
The best price that I found locally for a RM2620(new model/direct replacement) was around $1250+tax. Palomino's price was $750+$95 shipping to my door! Wrap it up!! The unit arrived in 2 days. I'm installing it now---not very complicated. Certainly not worth the $300 that the RV repair shop would have charged to install it.
This forum and it's members continue to be one of the best reasons to own an Airstream!! Juergen
jhart657 is offline   Reply With Quote