Old 05-06-2005, 09:41 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Mtpalms,

ABF is the trucking company Palomino uses. I don't think they'll ship to a reisdence or business (although I didn't ask) but will ship pretty economically to your nearest ABF terminal. Go to ABF.com and enter your ZIP code to find your nearest terminal; they're all over the country and should have one close to you. Good luck - we haven't gotten our RM2510 yet, but the price was too good to pass up, and I was beginning to wonder if Dometic would keep making the narrower 2510 or replace it altogether with the 2452 or whatever the newer but wider model is. The 2510 seems to be a better fit for some of the older trailers.

Old 05-06-2005, 11:41 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Thanks. It looks like the nearest center is about 80 miles away, not bad.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:26 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpalms
Thanks. It looks like the nearest center is about 80 miles away, not bad.
Cool! You will still save a ton of cash doing it this way!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

ODORS?
MTPALMS,
I had a full freezer of red meat and veggies whane I left the campground on an emergency type trip. I returned 3 weeks later with TERRIBLE, LASTING odors!!! I could not get them out-months later, they were still there despite what I used. Then, I found ODO-BAN at Sam's. I used it in the freezer and the fridge maybe 3 times in a week, and the bad smells were gone. Within another week, the ODO-BAN smaell was gone as well, and now, all IS well!
jerry
Old 05-08-2005, 11:19 AM   #19
Rivet Master

I am so glad to see this thread is helping other owners find the things they need at reasonable prices.
It makes me happy that I am an active part of this online community.
Old 05-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Thank wingsofgold for the ODO-BAN tip.

It might come in handy someday, but my current fridge has operating issues as well: besides having a bad cooling unit, it has to be lit manually from the backside, and the electric side doesn't work. Also cracked door shelves and door stripping. All fixable, but if I can get a new 2510 for a little more than a rebuilt cooling unit (around $350 + the repair shop is in the same area as the ABF center), why heck...

Safari Tim says installation is a snap and my husband knows electrical and gas (he's a pool/spa contractor), so I have decided to call Palomino tomorrow, and see what it costs to ship to CA. Regardless of who it comes from, we're getting a new fridge.

We finally got the awning open for the first time today, it was a question of having an afternoon free to sit down with the Zip Dee instructions and a can of WD-40. It's in great shape. The PO didn't make too many 'improvements' on it - we just had to replace a giggantic rusted cotter pin with a galvanized pin. The canvas looks new, except where the pull tab came unsewn - fixed with needle and thread - so happy something works without fiddling with. :celebrates!:
Old 05-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #21
Rivet Master

I bet you won't find it cheaper than Palomino!
I do not know how they do it but they ROCK on price and delivery!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:22 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midamrail
Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a Dometic RM2510 refrigerator yesterday for our Tradewind from Palomino. Jevin was great, the price (at $550) was a few hundred under the next closest, and he said it would leave within 24 hours of payment for shipping to the nearest ABF terminal. We really appreciated the information; the great price was what finally swayed us to dump the apartment-style 110V-only fridge that came with the trailer.
I got a 2510 from Palomino, but they charged us $600. Shipping also cost us $195, so we probably didn't save much $$$$, but we had the pleasure of dealing with people personally over the phone, instaed of an automated phone system, and they delivered it to our business within a week.

We pulled the RM 60 yesterday, and decided the floor might benefit from some sealant (we used some floor paint we had laying around). We installed the new unit this morning, and it installed easily enough, but getting the credenza back together took some grunting and squidging.

My only question is, what do most folks do for a panel? Formica? Door skin? Aluminum sheeting?

We're thrilled to have an appliance we won't have to futz with to get it to work.

Now to replace the AC... Once again, we've messed around with the Armstrong for over a year. Time for something more quiet and efficient, if not OEM
Old 05-21-2005, 04:01 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
Rebuild or replace fridge?

I have a failed Dometic Royale Series RM 3804 in my '81 motorhome. I was given the name of a rebuild company in Vallejo, CA (about an hour away from me) that could rebuild these for a fraction of replacement cost from Dometic. Now I would rather have new, and if it will be way less than retail, even if over rebuild price, I may go there. I'll keep posted in this thread.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:32 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1982 34' Limited
Tidewater , Virginia
RM100 replacement

Hi Gang,

My '82 34 Limited is in need of a replacement reefer unit. I have the RM100 currently and I would like to know which of the available units most closely provides form/fit/function equivalence. Palamino seems to be the supplier of choice, however, I would like to talk to them with a model in mind.

Any help would be appreciated.

Take care,
A-6E All Weather Attack Driver, BUFF
USN Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Ret.
'91 Suburban R-2500 w/BBC
'78 Honda GL-1000
'72 Triumph T-100R Daytona
dinoburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 02:51 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
You can go to Crane's refrigeration (as a subject, not www) in Vallejo, and see if they have your rebuilt model or a replacement. A repl. can be viewed at the Dometic site as in one of the above posts.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:05 PM   #26
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoburb
Hi Gang,

My '82 34 Limited is in need of a replacement reefer unit. I have the RM100 currently and I would like to know which of the available units most closely provides form/fit/function equivalence. Palamino seems to be the supplier of choice, however, I would like to talk to them with a model in mind.

Take care,
You can cross-reference your old fridge right from the Dometic USA site. The link below will take you right to the .jpg picture that lists all of the old Dometic reefers.

http://www.dometicusa.com/products/r...eplacement.jpg

You do have to know what you are looking for from Palomino. I consider a little research a small price to pay for saving hundreds of dollars.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:45 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

1982 34' Limited
Tidewater , Virginia
I found it!!

Hi again!

Thanks pattersontoo for the link. I had been to Dometic's site and the only cross reference I could find did not cover the RM100. Your link is perfect.

Thanks again.

Take care,
A-6E All Weather Attack Driver, BUFF
USN Aircraft Maintenance Officer, Ret.
'91 Suburban R-2500 w/BBC
'78 Honda GL-1000
'72 Triumph T-100R Daytona
dinoburb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoburb
Hi Gang,

Take care,
The following post contains a link that will take you to a chart that shows what new fridge will replace an obsolete fridge. When you call Palomino, you get a person on the line who is knowlegeable and will be able to help you make an informed decision. If you can't find your model, the Dometic site also provide dimensions that might help figure out a good replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattersontoo
MTPALMS,
Are you sure that it is a DM60? Or is it an RM60?
I have found an RM60 at the Domtice website as a cross reference.
Use this cross reference link to see where your refrigerator falls.
Go here: http://www.dometicusa.com/products/r...eplacement.jpg
Look yours up and then call Palomino Parts.

Lou