Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Just found this thread...

I just ran across this thread today otherwise I would have responded earlier. I am intending to use hot water in PEX tubing on top of my sub-floor. My 1973 31' is a complete interior rebuild so I can easily enough do that if I want. I just wrote a rather long post in another thread which you could read here:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f427...ers-59777.html

Post number 34.

If you want electric radiant heat in the floors you might want to check out the following link:

STEP Warmfloor™ - STEP RV™

These folks have some products that are designed for RV use. I have not studied what they have to offer in much detail though.

This electric heater might be of interest to someone reading this thread. Again I have no personal experience but it is recommended by Bob Vila.

EdenPURE Heaters Quartz Infrared Portable - EdenPURE® GEN3 Model 500 Quartz Infrared Portable Heater - Heats up to 300 SQ. Feet

Malcolm

Old 08-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Kalispell , Montana
I just found this searching the internet for RV radiant heat floors.

STEP RVâ„¢ - Heating RV/s, motorhomes, boats, etc - STEP Warmfloor

Going to look into this for myself. But it does have a high energy usage. Can be run off solar or wind it says but if you will be plugging in that shouldn't be a problem. I am looking at this because I am in Montana and need good heating and a high R-Factor insulation. I too have a really really hard time finding any information searching the forums here. Not sure why but whenever I search for something it comes up with 4k+ results and none of them have anything to do with what I am looking for. I must be doing something wrong.

Old 08-27-2015, 01:48 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Excella 500
Mount Vernon , Is For Lovers
Go to "forums" upper left to pull down menu and select category.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:53 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1982 31' Airstream 310
champaign , Illinois
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f227...at-128840.html

Heres one
Old 08-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #19
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholmquist View Post
I just found this searching the internet for RV radiant heat floors.

STEP RVâ„¢ - Heating RV/s, motorhomes, boats, etc - STEP Warmfloor

Going to look into this for myself. But it does have a high energy usage. Can be run off solar or wind it says but if you will be plugging in that shouldn't be a problem. I am looking at this because I am in Montana and need good heating and a high R-Factor insulation. I too have a really really hard time finding any information searching the forums here. Not sure why but whenever I search for something it comes up with 4k+ results and none of them have anything to do with what I am looking for. I must be doing something wrong.

I wintered over one year in the Colorado mountains. The coldest it got was a week of -20F at night and 0F in the day. The rig was an older 5th wheel originally with an uninsulated unskinned belly and no tank heaters. I put tank heaters on the three tanks, lined the underside with Reflectix (foil faced bubble wrap), put heat tapes on the water in hose and the dirty water fittings to just on the downstream side of the dump valves then wrapped those with Reflectix, made a skirt for the main part out of the plasticized paper lumber gets wrapped in, kept the gas tanks full and the heater on - never froze.

Tags
floor, heat, radiant