Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Question about lower A/C unit removal

My classic '89 MH has a panel that runs down the ceiling's center. I would like to remove it to access a run of wires. It is clamped in place with the lower A/C control unit. The A/C is a Coleman Super Mach. Has anyone undone only the 4 long bolts that secure the lower half without disturbing the outer seal? I trying to avoid causing a future leak.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
The inner ceiling assembly of the air conditioner can be removed from the AC unit without disturbing the 4 bolts holding the compressor into the 14" x 14" opening in the roof. There is a flat screw cover that hides a screw on each end of the inner ceiling assembly. Take a knife blade or small flat screwdriver to remove this "plug" and gain access to the hidden screw. Remove the temperature control knobs and operating knobs by pulling them straight out from the switches. The ceiling assembly should now remove easily.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote