Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #1

1978 28' Argosy 28
Hanover , Connecticut
Unhappy Please Help with Suburban NT-30M Furnace before I rip off all my skin.

Hey folks. I'm at my wits end and sure could use some advice. I have an older Suburban Dynatrail Furnace, NT-30M. It starts perfectly, fires and heats like brand new. When the temperature is reached it promptly cuts off the burner and then the blower continues to run, and continues to run, and continues to run, and continues to run, and......(you get the picture). Today I just spent $125 on a new Dinosaur board and replaced the old original board. I must say it starts and runs better, but the blower fan still doesn't ever shut off after the temperature is reached. When I say never shuts off, I mean like an hour later it's still running. I don't understand what the problem is. I assumed it was the board and that's why I replaced it. This unit does not have a separate fan-control relay. Could it somehow be the wall thermostat? I don't understand why that would be. I know some of you will say to just replace it, but it works great otherwise. I recently cleaned the burner out and it seems solid as can be. Help, help, help.
berea777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Will the blower shut off if you turn the thermostat down? I mean after you say set it for 70, and it heats the trailer up to 70, if you bump the thermostat down to 65, will the blower shut off?

Have you tried replacing the thermostat?
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I am taking an educated guess here without a manual in front of me but as i remember it the sequence when you turn up the thermostat should be, blower comes on, after a time burner lites, the early run is to clear gases from the furnace., when temp is reached the burner shuts down.. If it does this your thermostat should be ok. There is a thermodisk thermostat somewhere near the heat exchanger that comes on when the furnace reaches a certain temp. Once this closes the fan will continue to run after the burner shuts down.. After cool down it is supposed to open shutting off the fan.
This is most likely the culprit. This looks like a piece about the size of a quarter with a couple mounting ears on it and 2 wires.
They are usually marked with a temperature range and are inexpensive.
If I am off base, my apologies. My book for that furnace is not here right now.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1978 28' Ambassador
Columbia , Connecticut
furnance

i'm retired gas man and i would look at thrmo switch near heat exchanger about size of a quarter . cycle is tstat on clear gas time then gas on and spark ,fires on then when reach temp fan blower comes on by thrmo switch tstat satisfied ,gasoff blower cycle untill thrmo switch open blower shut off . hope this helps
Ducky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
Destrehan , Louisiana
The part you need is the fan switch. Look up Suburban part number 230575. It's about $13.00
dlb435 is offline   Reply With Quote