Old 08-03-2008, 01:16 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2011 30' Flying Cloud
Greenback , Tennessee
Unhappy Penguin Problems

On the maiden voyage in our 2006 Safari SE, we sit in Middle Tennessee in 90+ temps and humidity levels about the same! When I turn on the AC, it runs fine for about a minute, then the fan shuts off. I can still hear the compressor working, but no fan. When I tried to shut the whole thing down at the CCC, nothing happens ... the compressor still works with no fan. I had to cut the power to the unit to stop it. This happened late Saturday afternoon, of course, when I no chance to have it looked at until Monday. I also found no information in the extensive owners handbook furnished me by the initial owner. I called him and he did not recall getting any info on the AC when he bought the unit, but said he never experienced any problems. The trailer did sit, unused, in a building for a bit over a year. Anyone have any ideas? The unit is in a 25 ft FB and, with all the "packages" on this Anniversary Model SE, I think it is a heat pump Dometic Penquin model.

Gneiss Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Sounds like a control board issue.

Out of curiosity, are you hoping to repair it yourself, or do you just want insight when the dealer says something like, "It's a running gear imbalance issue" ?

We just got back from Tims Ford State Park in Middle TN. Yes, it was hot the last few days. Surprisingly high humidity didn't help either.

1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)