Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
2000 25' Excella
Northern , California
Originally Posted by KYAirstream View Post
Where did you find the small version of the electric oil filled radiator? I've been using a large one and it works great, but I'm curious how the smaller one compares.
I believe we bought it at a favorable price when Home Depot liquidated their "Expo" stores a few years ago. It is still available, and I've seen at OSH (a California home improvement store owned by Sears), and maybe even Home Depot or Lowes. I can't vouch for the price shown below, but I see it can be purchased from the DeLonghi store. Amazon may also have them.

It's the small DeLonghi shown here (on the left):
Delonghi - Oil Filled Radiators

It works nicely in our 25-footer at the temperature ranges we tend travel in. There's no question that the larger versions would work better in colder temperatures, simply because there is a greater surface area to facillitate heat transfer (they both produce the same btu). The advantage/disadvantage pertains to size & weight versus heat transfer. The small one meets our needs, and it is often on low settings for a steady, even heat. If necessary, I put it on low on retiring in the evening to keep the coach from getting too cold. I can keep the living area warmer, and open the bedroom windows a tad for cooler, fresher air in that area. If you're consistently camping in 20 degree weather, or have a much larger coach, a larger heater may be better.

Kamiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
Our 2002 unit gave up the ghost last year. ( a lot of use) Replaced it with two of Pelonias's cheaper units. Plastic body, heat grid similar to an a/c unit, thermostat, 2 speed. These units run very cool due to the grid to transfer heat ( no red hot cal rods) They have a tip over shutdown switch.

They were approx $30 from Amazon.

Retailers like China Mart (Walmart) have nothing to compare.

wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
Thanks for posting that link to the smaller heaters.

KYAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote